Burrowing and access to water.

twbillings

Arachnopeon
My B. albopilosum sling has made a large burrow, which isn't unusual for them. I noticed the other day that it seems like he has no access to his water dish as he/she closed up the burrow with dirt. As it began its burrow under its hide, the hide had begun to sag slightly into the created cavern. There is a tiny gap that crickets get dropped down, but isn't large enough for the spider to go top side. My question is, should I be worried? Of all my slings, this one is prob my most fav. It responses to my presences by going to where crickets get dropped and waiting for prey. I'll send pics when I get home. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If it can make a cavern under the hide, it can probably extricate itself from something like that. Usually when a T blocks the burrow, they are making it clear they don't want to come out. If it wants to come out it can do so pretty easily.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wouldn't worry just keep water in the water dish. They can survive long periods of time without food or water. If they need water they will come out and drink. I have had Grammastola Pulchripes slings stay buried for 3 months also molted during that time.