What am I?

twbillings

Arachnopeon
People keep these as pets? Searched the internet and people seem to mostly think they are pets. They look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
+1 mole crickets. In some parts of south-east asia they are eaten.

They are highly fossorial by nature so keeping them may not be so fun

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are very curious looking inverts, as are moles, but yeah, imo, not worth keeping. I kept some as a kid, the experience was only dirt and a noise coming from it the whole time if males. You can see evidence of them next to creeks and ponds, they make a tunnel just next to the surface. If you follow the tunnel with your finger, it might lead you to one of them. Sometimes other things get in their tunnels, like roaming spiders.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
+1 mole crickets. In some parts of south-east asia they are eaten.
Very common. Send the kids out to dig them up. Evening snacks around the campfire or if you have enough you can sell them at the market, live or deep fried.

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am curious.....how do they taste??

I have eaten common water snakes and Florida bark scorpions. The snakes were tasty southern style...The scorpions I did in a scampi with Garlic and olive oil...they tasted like dirt.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I am curious.....how do they taste??

I have eaten common water snakes and Florida bark scorpions. The snakes were tasty southern style...The scorpions I did in a scampi with Garlic and olive oil...they tasted like dirt.
IMHO, exactly like they look. According to the boss, they should never be fried, only roasted over hot coals. Then dip on a 50/50 mix of nam prik and dried ground chili (your anal orifice will pay the price for combining those two come the dawn) and they have a subtle nutty sweet and sour flavor. How you are supposed to detect the piquant nuances of the flavor with your head on fire is a mystery to me.

Nam prik: fresh mouseshit peppers finely sliced or chopped in fish sauce.

Last edited:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
IMHO, exactly like they look. According to the boss, they should never be fried, only roasted over hot coals. Then dip on a 50/50 mix of nam prik and dried ground chili (your anal orifice will pay the price for combining those two come the dawn) and they have a subtle nutty sweet and sour flavor. How you are supposed to detect the piquant nuances of the flavor with your head on fire is a mystery to me.

Nam prik: fresh mouseshit peppers finely sliced or chopped in fish sauce.
Lol, i wanna make a "challenge-accepted" pic as a response, but I'll get in trouble. :D