Isopods

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've got a well established dubia tank and want to add some cleaner bugs. Prefer the look of sow/isopods to beetles. What experiences have others had with this set up and which are the best species to buy and from where? I'm thinking dwarf white isopods but would appreciate any advice in order to have all species thrive well in my care. I'm also open to more than one kind of isopod if there are any multiple species suggestions.

Thanks!

VoiletVenom

Arachnopeon
Care.

I've kept these for many years. It's pretty strait forward. I keep mine at room temp with coco fiber and bark/leaves and stuff, I also mist them daily. Now i'm sure that these little guys are hardy enough to breed and thrive in a roach habitat. As for obtaining them i just go outside and flip boards XD. But if you don't live in an area that have them or are worried about outside nasties you don't want, you might want to buy from this place. Never bought anything from them but i hear good stuff about them. http://shop.bugsincyberspace.com/Isopods_c15.htm

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I know you're asking about isopods, but I have found mealworms (meaning T.molitor, not Z.morio--which would, I imagine, simply eat all the roaches) to be fantastic cleaners in my dubia tank. They take care of extra food, molts and the dead roaches in very short order. Plus it bears the added bonus of basically raising two feeders in the same container.

Gregg M

Arachnopeon
Honestly, your dubias will maintain their own bins. The baby dubias will eat the frass.