h.tamulus gangeticus

kjm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice! It's cool to see it freshly molted! Great pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
beautiful colours it has!

I had a couple of these back when they were still thought to be Mesobuthus, sold them within a month!
Far too quick and dangerous for me :D might have been H.t.sindicus though, but both are really pretty scorpions

I think as far as Buthids go, Hottentotta is such an awesome genus, always entertaining and come in many colour combinations between species!

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks.The hottentotta species are by far my favorite.This species are quick to get defensive.Will not hesitate to try and tag you.This one molted from 3i -4i in 24 days.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been waiting for it to molt to rehouse it in a bigger enclosure.

h.tamulus gangeticus 5i

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
These are neat.. kinda looks like someone spliced together Hadrurus, centruroides, and paruroctonus.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks.They were growing quick.the female slowed down at 5i.the male slowed down at 4i.male molted to 5i the day before female molted to 6i.both molted to 4i a week apart.female molted first.dont know how long it will take them to reach there next final molt.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How 'fast' are yours compared to other buthids/hottentotta?

I remember mine being ridiculously fast and easy to sting, one of the reasons i got rid of them within a few months!!!
Love other hottentottas though, these guys are just scary :p

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There fast as hell.Real quick to get defensive,but there good eaters.I've always treated all of mine like there deadly.I don't stick my hands into the enclosure.Hottentotta are my favorite species.As soon as the female hardens up and eats a few times.I'm going to put the male in with her.Hopefully get a brood by the end of the year.

Last edited: