just thought id share a "funny" story :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
well tonight was a fun night at work.. so i thought id share with everyone.. so noone i know likes T's but 2 keepers i met through forums [no shout outs sorry] .. now im sure we all know what its like for people to find you crazy or worse words for keeping t's/ scorps and myriapods etc... but i have tonight put one in her place.

today a new hire class started at work. i have a scorpion tattooed on my right inner forearm, my version of a.geniculata on my right forarm by elbow and a fresh centipede on my left forearm..

as soon as she seen me move my arm to scratch my neck she freaked "what are you some kind of spider freak..." i told her all my tattoos have sentimental reasons. and i do keep T's as pets.... she spent the next 30 mins trying to convince me that tarantulas do not belong in households based off the same 'ol theory of they are creepy nasty etc etc..she bashed me quite a few times during her spiel with "retard" and quite a few other worse words[not good at convincing is she? lol] she then restated it was stupid to have a tattoo on my arm of a creepy bug.. i tried to explain how they are interesting to me and they peak my interest. i compared it to being no different then keeping a rabbit, or a fish.. or even animals in a zoo [not the brightest theory but hoped it worked]...

she said its plain stupid they are ugly etc etc... i then showed my other 2 and she proclaimed its stupider.. i told her it was better then her kanji on her arm that read either "calamity, disaster or catastrophe" maybe you are the one with bad taste. she proclaimed it meant beautiful. anyone with half a brain and knew anything about Asian culture would know..she said she was going to put me in my place and began bashing bugs again.. i quickly said "uhm.. i know Korean, Chinese, Japanese and a little Taiwanese... that can be read 3 ways... calamity, disaster or catastrophe... i got my scorpion for power as it is a tropical species who hardly stings but instead relies its strength to take down pray.. my tarantula is adaptability speed and beauty. and my centipede is for will and determination... they all keep on moving and dont let something get them down they keep on trekking and live life to its fullest... maybe she should admire the beauty of something before she makes up her mind next time.." lmao she has yet to talk to me again XD .

now i know this isnt the best way to win someone over towards T's i mean i tried to be nice.. but i thought some people here might find this entertaining to a degree.. sorry if this offends anyone no bashes plz :3

Last edited:

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
HAHA good answer! One of my favorite cartoons was of a satirical take on the trend of having chinese or japanese words tatooed on. In the cartoon there was an asian teenager with random english curse words tattoo'd and was saying how awesome they were. LOL

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
HAHA good answer! One of my favorite cartoons was of a satirical take on the trend of having chinese or japanese words tatooed on. In the cartoon there was an asian teenager with random english curse words tattoo'd and was saying how awesome they were. LOL
i mean the misinterpritation i understand i see it all the time.. kanji is super difficult to understand took me a year with 6 ppl from japan teaching it XD.. i mean this seemingly one symbol means 3 things and can easily be lost in translation.. i think pictures say a thousand words.. thats why i chose what iv chose. i will eventually fill the rest of mine in the genic climbing bark, scorpion and pede climbing over debris into the dirt etc. to symbolize life, its struggles, its beauty and so much more in my eyes.. but i find it sad how we can be bashed for simple things such as keeping an invert .. as i said its no different then keeping a rabbit. a fish heck even a dog.. they are all wild animals.. look at the areas that hericane katrina hit in the us. dogs are not a humans friend they are packs.. chickens rule some neighborhoods even lol.. but hating me because i like a "wild creepy" spider and then bashing on me yet again because i tattooed something i love on MY skin XD it baffles me *smh*

Neoza

Arachnobaron
I really get pissed when i met people like that! They speak about T's like they know everything! For them they are bugs and useless! Im also not giving comments on their pets! When i wanted to i could say also nasty and cruel stuff about cats and dogs! Anyways the key is that you stay calm with people like this and defent yourself with smart words :) so good answer pyro!!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Typically i do stay calm and if they dont care "lets agree to disagree" but when she said shell put me in my place , and yes she realy did say it, the gloves were off lol

Last edited:

Gpappy31

Arachnopeon
I get crap from friends and family. I just ignore them and laugh uncontrollably on the inside. People will always bash us keepers but they fail to realize they aren't any better than us.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ahahah the old "chinese lettering means something different" mistake. a friend of mine has a shirt that she thought said "strong beautiful woman" on it in chinese. her chinese friend took one look at her and started laughing because it actually said "fat white woman".

kudos to you for putting her in her place! it gets annoying when people keep bashing something you love. good work. ahaha

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Ahahah the old "chinese lettering means something different" mistake. a friend of mine has a shirt that she thought said "strong beautiful woman" on it in chinese. her chinese friend took one look at her and started laughing because it actually said "fat white woman".

kudos to you for putting her in her place! it gets annoying when people keep bashing something you love. good work. ahaha
Baha i know somebody with a few shirts like that.. them and their friends brought them back from Beijing and they was told ment best friends forever.. it literally reads "stupid tourists" i had to skype a buddy in hebei to convince them i wasnt lieing..

but thanks for the kudos. I feel its ok if they dont feel the same way tho id like them to see the beauty as it is. But wont force it. But some people.. just feels like theyv been hit in the head with the spine of that bible/book one too many times and are set in their ways lol... but im glad i know kanji or id of had no comeback xD lmao

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
when she first asked if you were a spider freak, you should have just pointed at her kanji tattoo and said "if you hate them so much, why do you have 'spider' tattooed on your arm?" that would've given her something better to worry about.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Hahaha tim that would have been nice.. but i figured itd be like most just shutter call me weird.. didnt think of something to make them worry more of make her feel as stupud as she was acting xp

Twentytwenty

Arachnosquire
Idiots will always be idiots.
"If I don't understand it, no one should! If its not a mammal you're insane and putting your life at risk by keeping it."

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Idiots will always be idiots.
"If I don't understand it, no one should! If its not a mammal you're insane and putting your life at risk by keeping it."
Ahahahahahahaha You sounded just like them omg hahahahaba

Last edited:

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
"I heard on instagram that tarantulas can kill people with one bite. You need to defang them so they don't bite you."
-why I hate people
well, you know of course that EVERYTHING you hear on the interwebs is true!!!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
"I heard on instagram that tarantulas can kill people with one bite. You need to defang them so they don't bite you."
-why I hate people
well, you know of course that EVERYTHING you hear on the interwebs is true!!!
lol oh gawd XD you two are killing me XD

oh a bonus note that same chick is here again tonight. where i sit is on a back row in a main traffic way to both bathrooms water fountains and the main rout to the smokers patio from the taining rooms... that same chick was here again tonight and made sure to take the long way around the building to the smokers area just so she didnt walk near me XD i feel accomplished lmaoo

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
well tonight was a fun night at work.. so i thought id share with everyone.. so noone i know likes T's but 2 keepers i met through forums [no shout outs sorry] .. now im sure we all know what its like for people to find you crazy or worse words for keeping t's/ scorps and myriapods etc... but i have tonight put one in her place.

today a new hire class started at work. i have a scorpion tattooed on my right inner forearm, my version of a.geniculata on my right forarm by elbow and a fresh centipede on my left forearm..

as soon as she seen me move my arm to scratch my neck she freaked "what are you some kind of spider freak..." i told her all my tattoos have sentimental reasons. and i do keep T's as pets.... she spent the next 30 mins trying to convince me that tarantulas do not belong in households based off the same 'ol theory of they are creepy nasty etc etc..she bashed me quite a few times during her spiel with "retard" and quite a few other worse words[not good at convincing is she? lol] she then restated it was stupid to have a tattoo on my arm of a creepy bug.. i tried to explain how they are interesting to me and they peak my interest. i compared it to being no different then keeping a rabbit, or a fish.. or even animals in a zoo [not the brightest theory but hoped it worked]...

she said its plain stupid they are ugly etc etc... i then showed my other 2 and she proclaimed its stupider.. i told her it was better then her kanji on her arm that read either "calamity, disaster or catastrophe" maybe you are the one with bad taste. she proclaimed it meant beautiful. anyone with half a brain and knew anything about Asian culture would know..she said she was going to put me in my place and began bashing bugs again.. i quickly said "uhm.. i know Korean, Chinese, Japanese and a little Taiwanese... that can be read 3 ways... calamity, disaster or catastrophe... i got my scorpion for power as it is a tropical species who hardly stings but instead relies its strength to take down pray.. my tarantula is adaptability speed and beauty. and my centipede is for will and determination... they all keep on moving and dont let something get them down they keep on trekking and live life to its fullest... maybe she should admire the beauty of something before she makes up her mind next time.." lmao she has yet to talk to me again XD .

now i know this isnt the best way to win someone over towards T's i mean i tried to be nice.. but i thought some people here might find this entertaining to a degree.. sorry if this offends anyone no bashes plz :3
Definitely entertaining, thanks for sharing. Reminds of a quote I heard somewhere (may have been Robin Williams standup but I could just be missing him..) "We're not at the end of civilization but you can see it from here..."

I think the fact that it is common for someone to see a successful exotic animal keeper as yourself and respond with "eww creepy" is clear testament to how our civilization may be heading towards or already in an age similar to the 'dark ages'. But that is probably something to be discussed elsewhere and mostly my opinion. Anyway! Nice story and again thanks for sharing!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Definitely entertaining, thanks for sharing. Reminds of a quote I heard somewhere (may have been Robin Williams standup but I could just be missing him..) "We're not at the end of civilization but you can see it from here..."

I think the fact that it is common for someone to see a successful exotic animal keeper as yourself and respond with "eww creepy" is clear testament to how our civilization may be heading towards or already in an age similar to the 'dark ages'. But that is probably something to be discussed elsewhere and mostly my opinion. Anyway! Nice story and again thanks for sharing!
Too soon.. if only he had hung in there a little longer... heh had to.. but glad some have a semi twisted and possibly slightly morbid mind like myself xD

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
Too soon.. if only he had hung in there a little longer... heh had to.. but glad some have a semi twisted and possibly slightly morbid mind like myself xD
Lmao....he would have wanted jokes to be made about his death I think. Good one! and yes I probably do heh

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
for shame pyro!! off to the gallows with you!!

>.<