A. Avic. Karla Molted!!

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately it was while I slept!! AGH! Here I am patiently waiting my b. Smithi`s molt and all the while Karla was just waiting till I fell asleep! I wish so bad I could go in and grab the molt out but its RIGHT next to her (don't they usually toss it?) and I don't wanna stress her out. She doesn't look a whole lot bigger but I wouldn't expect a huge change! YAY! I must be doing okay with them!

dgthtjtyty.jpg
gdtyjfuykuk.jpg
22222222.jpg

This last one is without flash so its more blurry.
karla.jpg

PS. Yes she is in a KK for now, Obviously she is doing okay (look at that web I mean seriously :p) She will be put in a much better enclosure soon enough, but not too soon.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Give her a few days to harden and stretch then she will probably toss the molt out.

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
She may or may not toss it out. I've had a few T's hoard their molts in their webbing or burrows. They don't mold or attract pests so there's no need to worry about getting it out if it doesn't toss it for you.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
She may or may not toss it out. I've had a few T's hoard their molts in their webbing or burrows. They don't mold or attract pests so there's no need to worry about getting it out if it doesn't toss it for you.
I was really hoping she would toss it because I want to sex her and measure it. Here's to hoping lol

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Congrats! :) hopefully she will toss it out! She'll probably look wonderfull!!! :)

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
some T's are more cooperative than others. my B albo who recently molted, very nicely dragged her molt to the front of her burrow where i could easily retrieve it only hours after molting. on the other hand, when my GBB molted he sat on top of his molt for over a week. after a few days, i tried to gently prod him off of it with a paintbrush, and he kicked hairs at me. so i left him alone, when i was finally able to get to the molt it was useless. so "he" is still a "he" for now.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
She has yet to move away from the general area she's been in (aka she is still hoarding her molt). There have been many scares bc of the way she's been laying. It almost looked like a death curl except her legs are not tucked under her and her back legs are more or less stretched out. At first I was freaking out bc its my first molt and how she was I haven't seen her do much but now we are 3 days post molt and she does move a bit (changes the direction in which she faces) so I just keep watching a making sure she doesn't curl. I've read this is somewhat normal after a molt?

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My avic molted 8 days ago and is still in her molting hammock this is normal. Actually the older the spider is the longer it takes to harden. This is why a spiderling is sometimes ready to eat in 5 to 7 days and a adult may not eat for a couple of weeks. The only time I worry about a molt is when they have trouble getting out of there skin. Once they get out of the skin your pretty much home free. Make sure she has water in her water dish and your pretty much waiting for to decide she is ready to feed again congratulations on your first molt.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
My avic molted 8 days ago and is still in her molting hammock this is normal. Actually the older the spider is the longer it takes to harden. This is why a spiderling is sometimes ready to eat in 5 to 7 days and a adult may not eat for a couple of weeks. The only time I worry about a molt is when they have trouble getting out of there skin. Once they get out of the skin your pretty much home free. Make sure she has water in her water dish and your pretty much waiting for to decide she is ready to feed again congratulations on your first molt.
But the some what curling the front legs and pedipalps? I'm paranoid what can I say lol.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She is probably just cleaning herself. When a spider goes into death curl all the legs fold under. The reason is they rely on hydraulic pressure to operate. Think of your spider as a automatic transmission in your car.If it has a leak it loses fluid and stops working. A leak wold be a tear, lost limb that leaks, or a rupture. Also low fluid as in dehydration or leak the tarantula loses pressure and doesn't work well. So basically make sure your spider has no leaks and is full of liquids. The liquids being water and cricket juice. I hope this makes since.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
She is probably just cleaning herself. When a spider goes into death curl all the legs fold under. The reason is they rely on hydraulic pressure to operate. Think of your spider as a automatic transmission in your car.If it has a leak it loses fluid and stops working. A leak wold be a tear, lost limb that leaks, or a rupture. Also low fluid as in dehydration or leak the tarantula loses pressure and doesn't work well. So basically make sure your spider has no leaks and is full of liquids. The liquids being water and cricket juice. I hope this makes since.
It definitely does, problem is... she has webbed that b up so well I can only see how she is laying. The webbing has made everything quite blurry, agh I'm so pissed at myself for not having my good camera to show what I mean but regardless I'm gunna take everyone's advise that she's probably fine.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it helps think of it this way. This is your first molt not hers she has done this several times before. If there is a problem she is better equipped to fix it. Say for instance one of her legs were leaking she would discard it and it would grow back. That's why I love spiders they have a automatic lifetime warranty. If something breaks they just replace it.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
If it helps think of it this way. This is your first molt not hers she has done this several times before. If there is a problem she is better equipped to fix it. Say for instance one of her legs were leaking she would discard it and it would grow back. That's why I love spiders they have a automatic lifetime warranty. If something breaks they just replace it.
Ok thank you! I feel a bit better, she just seems so small compared to my two big guys. She has been the most entertaining though =)