Avic Moulted, pedipalp problem persists.

MythicQuasar

Arachnopeon
Okay well my Avic finally did moult, and I was sure it was going to be a female but I was wrong. He is a male, though a bit skinny he is still very pretty but one of his pedipalps, the one I accidentally injured is deformed and has a red muscle tissue looking growth on the end of it. I am aware you should not handle your T's after they moult for a while but I opened his enclosure and out on to my hand he crawled. He's shy around others but he seems to take interest in me. Here are a few pictures, If anyone could explain what could be wrong with his palp please do.

20140827_142835.jpg

20140827_142657.jpg

I tried getting the best picture I could and he is still a tad soft so pinch grabbing safely was very difficult. I assure you he is fine other than his pedipalp.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
He's mature, you are just seeing the bulb on the pedipalp. The pic is unclear, so I can't make out whether or not the actual bulb is damaged.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Yeah that's the bulb, though it looks a bit malformed, which is to be expected if his palp was injured shortly before molting. His other palp looks to be ok, so I don't think he'll have too many issues getting the job done.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with hobo you shouldn't worry to much about this deformity.