Cute habits ??

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Does anyone have a T with any particularly adorable habits? Please post pictures!

Here's my five year old MM Rosie (kinda old I know) who always eats on his tippy toes! image.jpg

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
That's how t's eat.
None of mine raise up quite that much. It is pretty adorable.

My b. Smithi stretch often in the weirdest way that I find pretty cute. I would only be able to really show it in video though and he's in premolt so he hasn't been doing it much lately.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well not all my Ts eat like that, just him... Lol

---------- Post added 08-27-2014 at 08:46 PM ----------

None of mine raise up quite that much. It is pretty adorable.

My b. Smithi stretch often in the weirdest way that I find pretty cute. I would only be able to really show it in video though and he's in premolt so he hasn't been doing it much lately.
I think it's pretty cute too- I'd love to see ur b smithi contortionist :)

tweakz

Arachnosquire
I have an A. versi sling that just waits for a dead roach on the tongs then waits for me to literally put it on it's fangs and sets it's front legs on the tongs as gently as possible. It's like feeding a baby.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have an A. versi sling that just waits for a dead roach on the tongs then waits for me to literally put it on it's fangs and sets it's front legs on the tongs as gently as possible. It's like feeding a baby.
Me too! My avic avic "hand feeds" too! It's adorable lol

gobey

Arachnoknight
My smaller L.P. would always run into her half log when I opened up for maintenance. Then about a minute into whatever I was doing she'd poke just her little front end of her carapace and first two legs out and check out what I was doing. It was unnerving at first but cuter after I realized she was just curious into what I was up to....

Later she built a wall between that hide and myself with a window for her to see me but I can't see her.... I believe she's in pre molt.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My smaller L.P. would always run into her half log when I opened up for maintenance. Then about a minute into whatever I was doing she'd poke just her little front end of her carapace and first two legs out and check out what I was doing. It was unnerving at first but cuter after I realized she was just curious into what I was up to....

Later she built a wall between that hide and myself with a window for her to see me but I can't see her.... I believe she's in pre molt.
That's so endearing - a window!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I have a penultimate male aphono that gives me threat poses and spreads his chelicerae (probably because he's in premolt, before this he was less defensive, but just skittish), but he never does anything hahaha.

then when I close the enclosure, he goes back to normal instantly lol

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
One of my Lps has taken to carrying around a Dr pepper bottle cap that was her water dish. I gave her another cap for water which she uses for pooing. The other night she was sitting at the entrance of her burrow with the cap in front of her. I decided to fill it with water to see what she would do. She got up and drank from it, then a little while later she had dumped it out and had taken it back in her burrow. She has a plastic cap for a wubby. Lol

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
our G. rosea sling pounces dirt clods in her enclosure. I use potting soil and as it's dried it's made little small dirt clods which she stalks and pounces on. LOL

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I don't have any pictures of it, but with my first T, a rosie named Itsy, if I put my hand in her enclosure and rub my thumb & forefinger together, she senses the vibrations and will come over, and, depending on her mood, will : a) just rest her front legs on my hand, or 2) give it a good slap, if she's grumpy. :)

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
Throughout 2nd+3rd instar my C. fasciatum threat posed at every meal before pouncing on it

gobey

Arachnoknight
That's so endearing - a window!
Yeah I can sometimes see her little legs poking through resting, and I can check around back and I know she's facing the window always. But the way her enclosure is set up and where it's put in my room, she has complete privacy.

---------- Post added 08-28-2014 at 11:55 AM ----------

One of my Lps has taken to carrying around a Dr pepper bottle cap that was her water dish. I gave her another cap for water which she uses for pooing. The other night she was sitting at the entrance of her burrow with the cap in front of her. I decided to fill it with water to see what she would do. She got up and drank from it, then a little while later she had dumped it out and had taken it back in her burrow. She has a plastic cap for a wubby. Lol
Now THAT'S funny

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You got her litter box trained! Lol

---------- Post added 08-28-2014 at 10:56 AM ----------

I don't have any pictures of it, but with my first T, a rosie named Itsy, if I put my hand in her enclosure and rub my thumb & forefinger together, she senses the vibrations and will come over, and, depending on her mood, will : a) just rest her front legs on my hand, or 2) give it a good slap, if she's grumpy. :)
She comes when she's called omfg cute

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Me too! My avic avic "hand feeds" too! It's adorable lol
+3 on the Avic versi tong feed only lol

My E.murinus comes out of its hole abdomen first every time... And thinks its popcorn during feeding (pops in and out of its hole at least 5 times in about 3 seconds lol.

My squishy (B.vagans) does the celebration dance as well.

My LPs upon being disturbed (I mean like turning on the lights in the room, movement, there own shadows ect..) stick there carapaces in a hole and leave there abdomen sticking out because they think there ostriches.

My C.marshalli is probably my cutest because he is germiphobe! every time I see him he is cleaning himself His enclosure is completely white with web and if theres a piece of dirt on the web he removes it.

My A.versi prefers to eat outside of it enclosure and then run way with the food in his mouth. Once he held it side ways and was trying to make a run for it but the cricket was getting in the way of the first 3 legs because of how he was holding it so he bulldozed around the room lol it was like a wheel barrel with out the front wheel, I was dying :p

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Anyone have any pix to go with their stories? These are great! Can you load videos here - lots of times he cute stuff is cutest in motion.

---------- Post added 08-28-2014 at 03:14 PM ----------

By "hand feed" I meant w tweezers lol

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just a greedy t

image.jpg

My avic avic stuffing her face like a greedy lil thing! Two crickets and a small roach all at once and she's no bigger than my thumb when sitting comfortably (not spread out)...
She always bites off more than she can chew lol - I kno I kno "that's the way Ts eat" but I find this "hand feeding" w her so charming! Plus in this pic she's happy dancing on the wall, excited to dine!

Enn49

Arachnosquire
One of my little LPs pulls the plant over the opening to its hide. No matter how often I move it away by next morning its back.

One of the few pics I have of it peeping out of the hide.

My other LP isn't so shy but scatters substrate everywhere.