Crossed spinneret?

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
I'm more curious than anything, yesterday I bought a g. Porteri because well he's pretty dope...I have no other reason lol. Anyways his spinneret`s are crossed, I don't think they are just crossed some of the time because I have yet to see them uncrossed ever... so my question is just that, does he just have them crossed for whatever weird reason or could they be crossed indefinitely. I'm sure you all will want a picture but I can't add one just yet and honestly the picture won't show more than I've described (I think).

Neoza

Arachnobaron
I've never heard of it! Im sorry i cant help you, i hope someone else will do! The only thing you can do is wait, maybe one day they get uncrossed :) and if that doesnt happen i would wait until the next molt, maybe it will fix itself! Have you seen him using the spinnerets?

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Do they look stuck together (with gunk or otherwise) or just like one crosses their fingers?

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I'm sure they're fine, I see this alot, the spider probably just prefers crossing them. I have one that keeps all but one spinneret clamped down, it looks so silly :D

get him to walk around and observe him laying down a silken trail.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
get him to walk around and observe him laying down a silken trail.
I'm sorry, I can't help it but when you said this the only thing I can think of is the following convo in my head..:

"oh come on now Mr. Spidey, please make a silk trail?"
"no mas!! leave me be you pesky two legged wierdo, why must you always peer at me like some freak?"
"I'll give you an extra cricket..... oo Would you like a wax worm? they're really squishy this evening, but you have to show me your silk trail"
"well..... you say you'll give me a wax worm? wait.. why do you want me to make a silk trail? are you checking out my ass again???? get away from me!! *puts up threat pose*"

... something along these lines...

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
never believe anything a spider with crossed spinnerets tells you. when they cross their spinnerets, it means they're lying.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
Lol!!! Okay well, she keeps them crossed all the time except when she webs, and when she does web it kinda looks like one might be a bit deformed, maybe...they are fully functional though. She is quite the character (after looking better I think he's a she) won't know till she molts which will probably be awhile. I'll try to post a picture soon, it is a bit strange. No gunk or anything. Just crossed.

Epileptic Butcher

Arachnopeon
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you ever get to the bottom (no pun intended :p) of your crossed spinneret query? I have a sling that does this and while I've been assured that it is normal T behavior I'd still love to know why they do it.