Centipedes In Exo Terra Glass Tanks?

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, I have a 12x12x18 tank and have a centipede. I have searched to see if I could find information about this and I did...one thread. I read it and just want to know any updates and if any ever escaped. I see my dehaani climbing and thought this would be a good tank. First, the tank looks amazing. Two, if it is escape proof, it will be able to have more climbing room. Any help? Thanks. Right now I have two Hypochilus spiders in the tank by the way.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Personally, I only feel comfortable with keeping centipedes in something with a screw on lid, like one of those large pretzel jars. Exo Terras.have that sliding component on the top of the screen top. I think that space is plenty large enough for a pede to get through. Personally, I wouldn't chance it.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The one I have doesn't have the sliding component. It has four locks you have two turn the other way to get the metal screen off.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Right, but check the back part of the lid - there is usually a little area you can slide open/closed for cords or tubes.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, those are there...but they have a sliding thing there to open and close it. Could you not simply put a hard object such as a tiny piece of wood in there to prevent it from sliding open?

EDIT: I put to pieces of wood right there and There isn't a way for it to get out of those holes being as it cant access them anymore.

Last edited:

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I haven't decided yet but I don't see a way for it to move the wood. The Hypochilus spider I have in there started to make a web so I will just leave it for now. There lampshade webs are amazing!