Scorpionchaos's Picture Thread

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone!

Photography is something I truly enjoy (wether I'm good or not is up to you :p) And my tarantulas are another thing I truly enjoy so I mash them together know and again and love to share images in general:biggrin:
All photos unless said other wise are taking with my sony a33 and are My picture of My pets. I wiil say what lense I use for every pictures.
Lets get started!
My B.vagans back when he was just a little squishey!

and now the Great squishy after a mere 8 months! Not so little any more (pushing 2 inches) but just as cute!

All of the above shots were with my super macro lens :)

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
A lot of better pictures are coming! hopefully in the next few days I can sit down and be shutter bug but for enjoy the kind of blurry photo of S.cingulata Black from munching on a cricket!

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
I'm glad everybody is enjoying my photos...:cry:

As promised!
B.vagans: SQUISHY!!!!

My B.smithi sling rocking that brachypelma booty!

The flash from the camera made my B.albiceps "glow" a little but I could't get the angle to make it go away. He suffers from big booty as well:biggrin:

S.cingulata black form: Scold is a beast!

My A.versicolor sling Blue is tricky to get a good shot of so this will have to do!

His set up, It's bigger than it looks.

LP #1 the big guy (eating more consistently, 1 molt bigger than his sibling.

LP #2 is gonna explode soon...

My Hapalopus sp columbia large sling named "Pumpkin" because I'm creative:giggle:

My H.incei #1 uncooperative...

H.incei #2 more cooperative but still hard to get a good shot:mad: it does capture the green nicely though.

More to come soon! (hopefully better quality...)

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Thanks guys, your wish is my command! :love: lol

Well my wisdom teeth got yanked out and the painkillers I'm on are pretty strong (Making photography difficult because I have habit of clenching my jaw while shooting...) But time is time and that means time for pictures!

H.incei #1 has made a levitating ball of dirt that he lives in with no windows so he challenges me... Luckily a baby mealworm from my colony made hi a little more cooperative than last time!

H.incei #2 showed of some fangs!

B. smith and B.albiceps look exactly the same right now so i just took a pic of the B.albiceps who has been in premolt for 3 days... testing my pateince...

C.marshalli (kind of)

The larger LP chowing down and letting me get close!

A.versicolor still as hard a subject as can be. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to take a picture of half inch bouncing ball!

Scold! The Scolopendra cingulata! (I mean tarantula)

He thinks I cant see him:sarcasm:

Pumpkin enjoying his trick or treating (Hapalopus sp Columbia large)

Now last night at 1 AM (insomniac) I checked in on everybody hoping to see a molted B.albecips or B.smithi :)mad:) but was surprised to see my silly pet hole (Ephebopus murinus) on its back! I though it was molting and pickied up the container but it twitched. Not a molting twitch more like a you covered a lot of ground twitch... I saw the opportunity, a once in long time chance to get some decent pictures of the sling! Aware of his speed from unpacking a while back and his readiness demonstrated by the twitch/leap I took the lid off so gently if felt like I was using a feather to do it. With the lid separated from the cup completely (with the tarantula on it) I pulled out a larger tupperware bin and gently placed him in side. These are the best of the 70 pictures I took :biggrin:

Showing the green sheen these guys have on their abdomens as youngsters

Enjoy and let me know what you think! Ps: I was struggling to get the carapace and the legs in focus at the same time, I know its an aperture related problem but no matter how low or high I made it the focus area stayed the same. Advice much appreciated!

Last edited:

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice Pics! I really enjoyed looking at them! Keep um coming!

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Apologies for a lack of pictures, sometimes life makes you put down the camera for a while But I'm back and I'm full of photos!

My B.vagans has molted twice since my last post and I caught her in the act of the second one!

Its a girl!!!

Next is a pic I really like of my H.incei

My H.sp large came out of hiding for the first time in a few months and went all shutter bug on him :p

"tarantulas" Scold

And my young S.alternans

Another big molt was my E.murinus and boy did they yellows really come out!

Enjoy and let me know what you think!