MF B. vagans molting/feeding question

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Okay so I just want to make sure this is alright before I go ahead and do it.

She molted last Sunday. Not the one that just passed but the one prior. So it's been day 11 since she popped this evening. The tops of her fangs are still somewhat red but overall it's 85% pitch black. I got a shipment of feeders in today and have some nice soft silk worms. Should I wait until this Sunday or should she be okay for a feed? This is my only Mature tarantula at the moment and my first so I just want to make sure I'm not causing any issues for her fangs.

nub question I know. But thanks for the responses.

Neoza

Arachnobaron
I would wait until sunday or even later! When you have the chance to see his fangs you can check if they are already hardened.

Kron

Arachnosquire
Personally I wouldn't risk it but I'm not that experienced :p my perspective is it's either a late feed or possibly damaged fangs and so possibly dead tarantula. I think you should just keep it safe.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Okay I'll keep waiting thanks :). I'm not in a rush to feed her. Just want what's best for the gal.

I'll make sure the first meal is a silk/horn worm since they're nice a soft. She's a big, beautiful girl! I thought she was a little obese when I got her and even after this molt her abdomen is still fairly plump so I'm not worried about that :D.