Finally, expanding the collection to some rare's!

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shipment coming in next week. It consists of a few gems! :)

Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
Oligoxystre diamantinenis
Avicularia sp "Columbia"
Avicularia sp "tarapoto"

Not much info on these Avicularia species mentioned above. Anyone have these or can point me in a good direction for care of them?

I've never been so excited about an order before! :D

Akai

Arachnobaron
Looks like you spent a pretty penny. Ultramarinus alone is a car payment for most people. Lol

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Congrats on the new Ts. I did some research on Tarapoto. Tarapoto is in the north central part of Peru just west of the Cordillera Escalera Conservation Area. The region is in a higher altitude "cloud forest." It has less humidity than the lower altitude jungles. I got this information from wikitravel. I reckon you could keep this species as well as the a. sp. colombia the same as other avics. It would be nice to know what part of Columbia these are from though. Either way please post pictures!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. sp. "Colombia" look neat! Somewhat like a mixture between a Psalmopoeus pulcher and an Avicularia purpurea IMO. Very unique looks and a T you have to "hunt down" over here, too. Not many keep or breed them.

Tarapoto I have only seen pictures (they're rare over here): CLICK
That's an adult female at a Bodylength of 3.5cm - so I'm guessing legspan is around 4" but with a very unique look, too.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Shipment coming in next week. It consists of a few gems! :)

Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
Oligoxystre diamantinenis
Avicularia sp "Columbia"
Avicularia sp "tarapoto"

Not much info on these Avicularia species mentioned above. Anyone have these or can point me in a good direction for care of them?

I've never been so excited about an order before! :D

Nicely done. As far as I know, all Avics require the same basic conditions: dry substrate, cross ventilation, a water bowl (humidity source), and a number of things for anchor points (plastic plants, cork, etc). If you're in a dry climate, you may want to increase the moisture slightly (don't overdo, the biggest killer of Avics is moist, stuffy cages).

I have 10 Avic species and start off slings in 16 oz deli cups, and graduate them to 32 oz when they're about 2".

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll have pics up as soon as they are here.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is everyone.

Cannot wait until they get bigger.

1-Avicularia sp tarapoto
2-Avicularia sp Columbia
3-Pamphobeteus Ultramarinus
4-Oligoxystre diamantinensis
5-Pamphobeteus ultramarinus

Attachments

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. purpurea

and

some NW terrestrial which could be anything looking at the sling :D

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL I know.

First one is Avicularia sp "Ecuador" 1.5"
Second is a Pterinopelma sazimai 1/2"

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 09:03 AM ----------

I need to invest in a better camera. Sorry for the low quality pictures. An iphone 5c cannot do them justice.

awiec

Arachnoprince
LOL I know.

First one is Avicularia sp "Ecuador" 1.5"
Second is a Pterinopelma sazimai 1/2"

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 09:03 AM ----------

I need to invest in a better camera. Sorry for the low quality pictures. An iphone 5c cannot do them justice.
You made out pretty good sir. I'm hoping on getting some my major want list rares so hopefully I'll be able to have a similar little thread soon

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was very surprised what the freebies were as well, he never said anything. There was just a smilie face and the species name on each vial. The avic sp Ecuador he sent, is a male, I looked at my 2" specimen last night, and its a female. Awesome. The Pam. ultra is a female as well, and so is the Avic. sp tarapota.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I was very surprised what the freebies were as well, he never said anything. There was just a smilie face and the species name on each vial. The avic sp Ecuador he sent, is a male, I looked at my 2" specimen last night, and its a female. Awesome. The Pam. ultra is a female as well, and so is the Avic. sp tarapota.
Sounds like you'll be all ready for breeding in a few years as pretty much most of those species grow fast. My pamph sling has grown over 2 inches in the 8 months I've had it and I don't even power feed.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man fantastic Ts! I'd also love to see them once they grow larger, hope you update =)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If that one was sold to you as sp. "Ecuador" it could still very well be turning out as an A. purpurea. Some sellers have picked up to sell them as that making them out as something special. Now, there is an Ecuadorian Avic that has blue legs with somewhat pink femurs, black body - but the pictures I've seen are pretty much totally overdone with the colors. I'm curious to see the sling grow, though. My bet is on purpurea though! :)

OH! Before I forget, look here: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...s-Avicularia&p=1236827&viewfull=1#post1236827

It shows the difference and even another sp. "Ecuador" look. Check the band on the legs.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm. He is a very reputable guy, but then again, hes sending me what was labeled from the person that sent it to him. Either way, I will trust his judgement. I have two "Ecuadors"
My female: same size as what was sent to me. Both 1.5"

The male, sent to me:

---------- Post added 09-06-2014 at 12:39 AM ----------

The female. Only lighting was a small flash light.

Male picture was taken with flash on iPhone 5c. It is waaay more darker.

---------- Post added 09-06-2014 at 12:40 AM ----------

If anything, the Avicularia so "Columbia" resembles purpurea as well lol

---------- Post added 09-06-2014 at 12:41 AM ----------

And the Avic sp "tarpota" resembles urticans. But, hey, the genus Avicularia isn't a mess. At least thats what I've read on here before. Lol

Trav

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does your dealer always give out $150 slings for freebee's?

awiec

Arachnoprince
Does your dealer always give out $150 slings for freebee's?
I've seen sazimai drop down to around 80-90 at a few places, but if you look all of those T's were big ticket stuff, especially the pamph, those go for 200-250 easily, so the little freebies are not surprising.