Excitement Over Snakes Shedding

Spepper

Arachnodemon
Does anyone else get quite unreasonably excited over realizing that your snake is about to shed? I know I do, because I'm anticipating their renewed bright colors after it's all over. :p

Big B

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know I sure do! I can't wait to see how much bigger, and more colorful they are when done. I just need a few more of them.lol

Spepper

Arachnodemon
I know, right? I just have one corn snake that's a little over a year old, but she's in pre-shed right now and so I'm pretty excited anticipating her colors when it's all over.

Last edited:

Big B

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love seeing new paint jobs. My male Guyana BCC shed last week and my female Guyana is in blue now.

I want one. I had to Google your snake as I have never heard of it before. Wow, they are beautiful!!!

I am looking for a mandarin rat snake or a CA mtn kingsnake(Zonata) that I am trying to trade for t's right now.

Last edited:

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I get extremely excited about any trivial positive thing like perfect shed, feeding, bowel movement etc. and very upset about any minor illness, injury or failure to feed. We are freaky that way :).

Spepper

Arachnodemon
Ahahaha... bowel movement... I got ridiculously excited the first time I found my corn snake's poop. xD (She had been too tiny for it to amount to much until then) Also the first time she took a fuzzy mouse instead of a pinky mouse... that was a big day. :p

Twentytwenty

Arachnosquire
I get extremely excited about any trivial positive thing like perfect shed, feeding, bowel movement etc. and very upset about any minor illness, injury or failure to feed. We are freaky that way :).
I am the absolute opposite of excited when I see a bowel movement from my boa. Knowing I have to pick it up makes me want to cry.

I love watching her drink, eat or shed though.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I want one. I had to Google your snake as I have never heard of it before. Wow, they are beautiful!!!
Guyanas are my favorite locale of BCC. I love my hypo BCI, and some morphs are lovely, but nothing beats a pure BCC in my eyes. At least as far as boas go. :)

---------- Post added 08-30-2014 at 07:06 PM ----------

I am the absolute opposite of excited when I see a bowel movement from my boa. Knowing I have to pick it up makes me want to cry.
My Dumeril's leaves large poo after her monthly rabbit. That's fun. But that will be a cakewalk compared to what I will deal with in a couple years when my Burms, retics and anaconda start getting size to them. :)