is this an Asian forest scorpion or an African emperor?

ojpo

Arachnopeon
I already have an emperor scorpion, and he's got to be about 2 1/2 inches long. His body is a greenish/ black color, but his stinger is sort of a yellow color, with the very tip being black. Now I just got a new scorpion. And I know this is a no no, but I did buy him/ her at petsmart (only because I've been unable to find affordable emperors anywhere else lately). But this new scorpion was displayed as being an emperor, and it looked just like the one I already had, except much much larger. So when I got home I put the two cages side by side and noticed the newer scorpions stinger was the same color as his body, a dark green/ black color. So I did some research and learned that Asian forest scorpions have smooth claws. His claws look pretty smooth, just a few tiny little bumps. And his claws are freaking huge, BTW. But then I saw pictures of emperor scorpions and some of them had stingers that were the same green/ black color. So I'm kinda confused. Did they sell me the wrong scorpion? Or is it that my first emperor is a baby and his stinger will get darker? I'd include pictures, but im using my phone to write this and I'm not sure how to include photos here :/

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Really do need pictures to guess at species. But in my experience I have seen Heterometrus labeled as Pandinus at Petsmarts and Petcos all the time (common names of course which makes it even worse). I even saw it in a children's book on scorpions. The differences between the two are pretty blatant for me but good luck finding any Petsmarts/Petcos that care enough to change the labels.