Giant spider in my country

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Hey everyone! This morning a friend of me came to me with this picture. She saw it on the news and she was shocked :) my whole country was shocked! Because the size of the spider ( in my country the largest spiders are maybe 2 inch so..) The only thing i did was laughing with the fact that it was on the news!

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Wrong sub-forum?

In any case that looks like some severely forced perspective combined with Photoshop (look at front legs) and in what looks to be a news site? Not buying it.

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Its not photoshoppes it just look bigger because you cant see any perspective.

---------- Post added 08-30-2014 at 04:54 PM ----------

My only statement was that its just funny that it came on the news! People can overreact so much!

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Its not photoshoppes it just look bigger because you cant see any perspective.

---------- Post added 08-30-2014 at 04:54 PM ----------

My only statement was that its just funny that it came on the news! People can overreact so much!
I use photoshop all the time, it's not photoshoped. I can't read what the sign says, is it something from Belgium? There are several spider collectors in Belgium so it could well be an escapee. Maybe a large Huntsman. Most window frames are 3-4" so that would be the right size. Cool spider anyway, thanks for sharing.

---------- Post added 08-30-2014 at 10:44 AM ----------

If that's a window corner then that spider is not that big, maybe 4" long which according to spiders.us is not impossible.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
I did a Google Image search for that image above... followed a series of links and got to this. But I'm too sick right now to translate it and see if it's related to the image or not. Anyway, the video is cool regardless. Nice sized spider and what sounds like a description. :D

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Yeah me to keeper2013! I study photography so i use photoshop every day! And i dont think he escaped because they said that several people saw spiders like this but only the last couple of years, before there werent any spiders that big here! And what lucky said can be right. In my opinion the picture plays with you because you dont have any object to compare with. But besides that i think he stays large (for my country). And even when he is 4 inch, its reeealy big for belgium!! :) i saw the picture and the article and i dont know, i just wanted to share it with people who have interests in spiders :)

---------- Post added 08-30-2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

I did a Google Image search for that image above... followed a series of links and got to this. But I'm too sick right now to translate it and see if it's related to the image or not. Anyway, the video is cool regardless. Nice sized spider and what sounds like a description. :D
I speak dutch and that was a french article but i could understand it :) and yeah that article was the french version of mine! Good research!

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
I use photoshop all the time, it's not photoshoped. I can't read what the sign says, is it something from Belgium? There are several spider collectors in Belgium so it could well be an escapee. Maybe a large Huntsman. Most window frames are 3-4" so that would be the right size. Cool spider anyway, thanks for sharing.

---------- Post added 08-30-2014 at 10:44 AM ----------

I too thought it looked like a huntsman possibly, I agree too in comparison to the window its not THAT big.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
So much for photoshop. Sure looks like the one in the picture.