Oh No!

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I got two P. metallica slings yesterday in a trade and one was very fast and didn't want to go in its new enclosure while the other was more sluggish and didn't move too well but went into the enclosure. Today I checked and the one assumed pokie form stretched out at the top of the enclosure and the other was in a death curl :eek: I have it in an ICU and I'm really really hoping it will be okay. Any advice beyond the standard leave it in a quiet place in an ICU?

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There's not a ton you can do besides the ICU. Keep a close eye on its condition, and make sure it can access water without moving AT ALL. I mean like sitting on top of a moist paper towel. Leave it alone until you see movement, or smell decay. I think you can figure out what those two mean.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I have seen zero movement at all. It saddens me because its so new and I didn't even get a chance to screw up

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
There's not a ton you can do besides the ICU. Keep a close eye on its condition, and make sure it can access water without moving AT ALL. I mean like sitting on top of a moist paper towel. Leave it alone until you see movement, or smell decay. I think you can figure out what those two mean.
This!

One of my versicolor slings came to me pretty dehydrated and I didn't see any movement for two days. So just because there is no movement doesn't mean all is lost. Leave it in ICU till there is movement and its better or smelly.

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shipping (assuming they were shipped) can be really hard on slings. Plus given the fact that it's the end of August means heat is pretty brutal in some areas of the nation. As Forrest Gump says: "s$@& happens"