I finally got one!

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
My birthday is this month and my other half decided to surprise me with some new Ts. She came home with a N. colloratovilosus, C. cyaneopubescens, P. vittata, and the cherry on top, a M. balfouri !!! I can scratch one more of the wishlist. They are all slings except the N. colloratovilosus which about 2" in size. I am going to enjoy watching them grow and change colors. I of course welcome any tips or suggestions on these species so they might live long and prosper.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
My birthday is this month and my other half decided to surprise me with some new Ts. She came home with a N. colloratovilosus, C. cyaneopubescens, P. vittata, and the cherry on top, a M. balfouri !!! I can scratch one more of the wishlist. They are all slings except the N. colloratovilosus which about 2" in size. I am going to enjoy watching them grow and change colors. I of course welcome any tips or suggestions on these species so they might live long and prosper.
oh im jealous! im trying to snag a belfouri but the seller gets on like once every 3 months -.- nice tho so jealous thats a few off my wish and favorites list XD

awiec

Arachnoprince
oh im jealous! im trying to snag a belfouri but the seller gets on like once every 3 months -.- nice tho so jealous thats a few off my wish and favorites list XD
Have you asked catfishrod? I got mine from him and it is a very active little spider.

I keep mine with plenty of sub for it to dig and web and I currently just moisten the sub as mine is still a wee little thing. It stayed in its burrow for the first week or two but I usually see it a few times a week at night and it molted very secretly, still have not found that molt. If it's around 2 inches it should be able to take out medium or large crickets or a roach of comparable size. Mine at 1/2 was very feisty when I was trying to get it out of the packing (it bit my paint brush repeatedly) but it has since calmed down and will retreat when I open the cage. These can be kept dryer as adults with a water dish if I am not mistaken.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Have you asked catfishrod? I got mine from him and it is a very active little spider.

I keep mine with plenty of sub for it to dig and web and I currently just moisten the sub as mine is still a wee little thing. It stayed in its burrow for the first week or two but I usually see it a few times a week at night and it molted very secretly, still have not found that molt. If it's around 2 inches it should be able to take out medium or large crickets or a roach of comparable size. Mine at 1/2 was very feisty when I was trying to get it out of the packing (it bit my paint brush repeatedly) but it has since calmed down and will retreat when I open the cage. These can be kept dryer as adults with a water dish if I am not mistaken.
no i havent i have not seen him selling them in the classifieds [tho i do like catfish hes a great guy hope to do business with him one day.] may have to message him. i think this will be a great first ow [personally speaking anywho] XD

awiec

Arachnoprince
no i havent i have not seen him selling them in the classifieds [tho i do like catfish hes a great guy hope to do business with him one day.] may have to message him. i think this will be a great first ow [personally speaking anywho] XD
Honestly I just stalk his thread and bug him when I think there is something I want. Idk if he has anymore left or not, I got mine a month or two ago from him.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lucky one! Seems that M. balfouri are now dirt-cheap over here. I've seen slings being sold for 13 EUR a piece by now, whereas P. sazimai still is around 50 EUR a sling...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Lucky one! Seems that M. balfouri are now dirt-cheap over here. I've seen slings being sold for 13 EUR a piece by now, whereas P. sazimai still is around 50 EUR a sling...
*super envy* no wonder some people brown box them =\ $50+ for 1/2" [like 2cm] doesn't seem uncommon when they pop up =\

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
I'm super jealous!!! I've been ranting to my husband since I saw one!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's pretty normal. If I wouldn't have gotten my Poeci slings as a trade for my MM P. subfusca, I would've payed 12 EUR a piece else. It's a fact that Europe has way cheaper prices and the US is more expensive because of importation costs and the like.

Best example: I payed 40 EUR (!!!) for my AF Euathlus sp. "blue femur" and the same for my juvie B. auratum

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Good luck with it. A lot of people seem to underestimate them for some reason, possibly because they're so well-behaved with each other. In my experience though, they are just as fast and flighty (when unearthed) as an OBT or a Poec.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
It's pretty normal. If I wouldn't have gotten my Poeci slings as a trade for my MM P. subfusca, I would've payed 12 EUR a piece else. It's a fact that Europe has way cheaper prices and the US is more expensive because of importation costs and the like.

Best example: I payed 40 EUR (!!!) for my AF Euathlus sp. "blue femur" and the same for my juvie B. auratum
Europe is undeniably much further ahead in the hobby than the US is. I just wish we would catch up with the Pampho's and Xenesthis species already. There are people overseas posting pictures of Xenesthis I didn't even know existed. The envy runs amok with me, lol.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Europe is undeniably much further ahead in the hobby than the US is. I just wish we would catch up with the Pampho's and Xenesthis species already. There are people overseas posting pictures of Xenesthis I didn't even know existed. The envy runs amok with me, lol.
I can only suggest to pay close attention to the posts from users like "fraxinus" in the genus picture threads. They breed some pretty rare species over here with great success. She's one of not many for example successfully breeding Homoeomma sp. "blue" and Euathlus pulcherimaklaasi (sp. "blue femur") over here for example. Search for spiderfactory-wsf and you'll find there's quite some spieces I don't think you guys over there have yet.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Good luck with it. A lot of people seem to underestimate them for some reason, possibly because they're so well-behaved with each other. In my experience though, they are just as fast and flighty (when unearthed) as an OBT or a Poec.
Or when trying to get them out of the shipping vials, mine was not amused at all.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
That's only part of it. Look at the guys who import in the US in large quantities, and their prices tend to be lower than average. Tarantulas would be a lot more popular in this country, but the average animal person isn't going to spend $50-$100 on a half inch spiderling. They're priced out of reach for most people. As prices continue to gradually fall here, more people are able to get into the hobby. $10 or $20 for a sling is a lot more palatable for them. In the future, the profit for dealers will come from volume as it does in Europe, not unit price.