How to setup the T shelf?

kovsejr

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody! :)

I'm looking for ideas of how to set up my T shelf. I'm not interested in enclosure setups, but rather more in the heating matter. How do you have your heating set up for your T's (if you have heating cables or something else)? how do you heat your arboreals and your terrestrials?

Pictures would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks for the answer.

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What sort of temperatures are you dealing with in the room the shelf will be in? If it's in the 70s no extra heat is necessary. However, if you need heat, I would suggest setting up flexwatt heat tape on the SIDES of the shelving unit, with a thermostat somewhere.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Heating? Yeah, well...there's the sun shining into the room...I have curtains closed except for a small gap...besides that: Normal room-temperature.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i agree no extra temp realy needed. unless your a polar bear who keeps it at like 65 then a little bit of a temp bump. personally my room is kept at about 80 constant. so i cant help much. i do suggest flexwat tho if you ned anything. but it must have a rheostat or preferably a thermometer. as they get HOT but super simple to wire up. i use these on my herp enclosures. never heard of problems with the product when installed correctly, and even when improperly done the worst thats happened is it comes undone and one shelf is a lil colder till you fix it.

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you get flexwatt, make sure to get the one with clips, unless you can solder.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
My room is around 65-70 and they're all fine. Don't trust those "care sheets", they're usually pretty off.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Small space heater set at 70 or 75... it'll turn on and off to regulate the room. As long as it's not a huge room it should be fine.