Buying a Brachypelma smithi

Tarantula1990

Arachnopeon
Anyone know a good online place to buy a brachypelma smithi? Was thinking about Backwaterreptiles... but i keep finding bad reviews.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Check the classifieds on here. There's plenty of sellers out there...

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I've been ripped off by backwater :( TWICE :wall:

You just missed a smoking deal on a 6" female in the classifieds by a about 2 days She sold for $100 and came with another adult female freebie

The arachnoboards classifieds is the best place to shop. You can place a "Want to buy" add and folks will come to you

cold blood

Staff member
I agree, with so darn many honest and reputable sellers (see the review section), I can't for the life of me understand why someone would even window shop at a less then reputable establishment. Pretty easy t to locate amongst all the good sellers...I would also focus on sellers in the classifieds here, that have excellent reviews. Look elsewhere!

CLICKBANGBANG

Arachnopeon
I've bought from Paul's, Jaimies, one local T breeder, and from well reveiwed people out of the For Sale section. All have gone well.

tylerdpeter

Arachnopeon
LLL and backwater are companies I've seen rip people off over and over again. Stick to the classifieds for more frequent post, but PetcenterUSA, JamiesTarantulas, NetBug, and ken the bug guy are all companies I've had great success with. Inverts and reptiles.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Swiftinverts, PetcenterUSA, and Kenthebugguy are all the dealers I have dealt with. There is a bunch to pick from.

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just to clear things up a bit in this thread regarding my recommendation.

Paul= owner

Pet Center USA= the name of his shop. Mostly mail order, but if you are local (So. Cal.), you can contact him and he'll let you know when he'll be at the shop and you can pick them up.

Paulatpetcenter= Paul's screen name here.

Seems others are also recommending Paul, but a variety of names have been used.

Good luck!

320TONY

Arachnopeon
I Personally have boughten from petcenterusa and swifts invertebrates Both kelly swift and Paul Becker were very knowledgable and awesome to deal with also get a freebie which I always appreciate! The boards are also great check the reviews a lot of credible sellers on this site I have also gone this route which worked out great in my experience.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
my cousins have been jipped by them as well. receiving boney tree pythons, who all died within 2weeks. bought an albino lav retic, recieved a normal albino burm [$350 difference at the time] and would not take the animal back, even recieved even received a star tortoise doa and they claimed they killed it [email with pic and vid was sent within 20mins of animals arival] and it was not certified doa because of temps. which was untrue. smh

iv ordered from jamies as well as 4 sellers here now. 2 of which where what id consider bedroom breeders. and so long as they have reveiws theyl do whatever they can to keep their good reputation if anything happened [especially doa if you pay for it some even go out of the way even if its not under the doa policy]

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My number one choice for established breeders with an internet storefront is Kelly Swift of Swiftsinverts . He's a standup guy and he really cares about the Ts and the hobby. Plus he always sends a freebie T, and often times with tiny crickets for free.

I've bought from Jamie's a few times and no problems either.

Lucian

Arachnopeon
My pic for this would definitely be Jamie's they answered all questions and even let me force a delay in shipping. If only she had a storefront... In dc... If be so broke....

“No trees were killed in the sending of this message,
but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced"

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Does anyone know the standard price for a 3" b smithi?

What size r u planning to get? They are awesome Ts!!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does anyone know the standard price for a 3" b smithi?
Usually over a 100-150 from what I have seen for females. If you really want to find out, instead of relying on someone's memory, which may not be accurate or recent (prices do fluctuate, though not so much for this species), check out all the vendors people have mentioned and check the classifieds.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
B smithi - and awesome choice!

I've been growing my b smithi since he was a house-spider-looking sling the size of my thumbnail, now here he is at three in all his glory!

image.jpg

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You kno I bought a b smithi for $45 as a tiny sling no bigger than my thumb nail and it's been a pleasure watching him grow these passed three years! Good choice

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
This thread makes me incredibly grateful I was given my 4 inch b. Smithi.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm thinking about getting myself another one of these. Mine has been growing particularly fast for a brachy, which leads me to believe it may be male.