any ideas for a communal emperor setup?

ojpo

Arachnopeon
I have 2 emperor scorpions, that I got seperatley. So they are both in separate cages, appropriately sized for each. However, I have an empty aquarium, about 20-25 gallons, that I'd like to eventually put them in. I know there has to be a lot of hiding spots for them to get their own privacy, and that they like digging and burrowing. So of course I'm going to put plenty of those half logs, and some branches to climb on and under, maybe a fake plant (just for looks mostly) and a lot of substrate. But I kinda want it to look unique and cool. Has anybody else done anything like this? If you could include pictures that'd be great! And again, I'm just looking for ideas from people who have put some thought and creativity into their cages, rather than just putting a couples inches of soil with a log into a cage.

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
Just make sure to provide the hides and plenty of substrate. Coco-fiber does well just pack it in and keep it slightly moist, not damp. The top layer will dry a bit which is ok just make sure to see a moist lower beneath. They will burrow like crazy, at least IME. I have had a colony of around 15-20 for a few years now and have had very few deaths. You do not want to try and raise humidity too much by restricting air flow because you will get mold. Just make sure the temps stay above the low 70's (Fahrenheit) and they have hides and moist sub and a wide water bowl. As long as you have a moist lower lower layer of substrate you should be fine. Their needed "80% humidity" is gained in their burrows.

ojpo

Arachnopeon
I saw you had isopods in your cage, where did you get them? Also about how many did you put in there?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I saw you had isopods in your cage, where did you get them? Also about how many did you put in there?
I ordered them online. They are excellent clean up crews. I've never had a speck of mold nor any foul odors from the tanks. I initially put about 20 or so in and the population grew. Baby scorps can wreak havoc on the isopods so I add more periodically. They don't seem to bother the dwarf whites.