Boehmei not moving after molt??

noelr

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, just a quick question about my brachypelma boehmei who molted 5 days ago. He exhibits no signs of stress such as the stress pose and I even saw him stretch himself out a couple times which is a good thing. He is a sling: about inch and 3 or 4 days after he molted I moved him to a larger container. ( Was this a bad move to do it so soon?) My problem is although he exhibits no sign of stress he moves very slowly and sluggishly and it's been a good 5 days so far. Sometime when I check on him with a little nudge he'll quickly move like a normal tarantula but othertimes he won't budge at all. Now, mind you, while I know it's bad to continuously prod them, I only did this 2 times simply to make sure he was doing okay. This may have been a bad move as well, but I'm trying to see what I can do that will help him. He has plenty of water and the temperature is fine if that really even matters a big deal. Overall, this is probably no big deal and it's just a post molt problem but I want to make sure.

Also, on a side note my L. violaceopes ( 2 inches about) molted a couple weeks ago and he exhibited the same exact behavior after his molt and I was super worried except I didn't post about it. All I did in his case was give him plenty of water, mist his enclosure, and next thing you know in a few days he was back at hunting his prey like his usual self. Is this the same case or no? Is this common among slings? If you took the time to read this, thank you and I hope you can help me. :)

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It takes them awhile to recover after a molt. Short of poor husbandry and a hovering, poking, prodding keeper, molting is the most strenuous thing a captive tarantula will experience. Typically, the younger they are, the quicker they bounce back. But, that depends on the individual tarantula and if it was an uneventful molt.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
only thing you can do is leave it be. make sure your husbandry is good and just hope. dont poke or prod, i know its tempting. but there must be a reason he is doing it? insecure maybe? some just dont bounce back quick. i now have 2 boehmei one 2in another 1/2 and the 2in bounces back from a molt seemingly instantly some times but other times itd sit in a burrow and not move for a week. other one has yet to molt but just sits around not interested in a burrow. or a hide it seems. just kinda sits and waits for the 4-5 days for its roach no mevement which was so unlike frankie at that size.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
You may as well get used to it, B boehmei can be a bit of a pet rock. As long as it is eating and showing no sign of dehydration, it is fine and acting normal

noelr

Arachnosquire
Thanks, I'l let you know if he gets better.

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 06:58 PM ----------

Yeah that's what I thought as well, but my fingers are crossed on this one.