new substrate

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i changed the substrate in my h. lividums tank a couple of days ago(i did'nt feel that it was deep enough). she is not digging a borrow, and i have a little hut that she use to hide in that she also is not useing . she is still eating well. i only had this t for 12 or so weeks, so i am still learning on the haplopelma lividum(witch will porbely take years). i know that other spiders(zebras and roseys) are in no rush to borrow, but how long do you think that it will take sheva to borrow.

ps- she never borrow before cos there was not enough substrate, but she tryed ( in the hut the substrate was removed to the glass bottom).

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Give her at least a few weeks to settle in...and it may may take a few months for the T. to settle in...it will burrow when it is ready...good luck...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
shy?

i though that these spiders were shy? mine is out in the open all the time, it dont bother her. i watch her eat and groom(she does this a lot).

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Enjoy it while it lasts....soon enough you will have a pet dirt hole....lol...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Zoo Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You could give her a head start, and make the hole yourself. This has worked for me in the past.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats what i ear

i herd that, but i want to watch her do this, thanks for the help