the most overlooked t in your collection

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A few days ago I was asked by my friends 6 year old son which of my T's was my favourite? That's easy I said it's my B emilia no wait it's my G pulchra no it's my gbb and then it dawned on me I really can't decide. So that got me thinking about which t I sometimes wrongly overlook and it hit me like an house brick to the head my little paraphysa sp north but why? Its a dwarf it's cute it behaves impeccably it eats well easy to care for it grows to around 2" it as cool markings and as I've not seen any for sale in the UK since I purchased mine it could be pretty rare. I really can't understand why I overlook this little t as it is quite possibly the best t in my collection by a country mile so I ask the question is there a t in your collection you mistakenly overlook?

LadyofSpiders

Arachnopeon
Out of all of my collection I would say my C. fimbriatus. I gave up even trying to see it except for when it grabs crickets every week so I know it's still alive. I recently had to rehouse it though and when I dug it up, it was about 2 inches bigger than I thought it was and so beautiful.... I really wish I could see it more often. I snapped a pic so I can look at it whenever I want but that very day it made another equally impressive burrow with massive amounts of webbing so I can't see it again even though it's burrow is directly on the side Of the enclosure... But oh well... I love it anyway. I just forget what it looks like.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I sometimes tend to overlook my mystery OW sling--as in, totally forget I have it until maintenance time. I think it's got to do with having no scientific name to call it.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sadly I often over look my mex fire leg, she's beautiful but does literally nothing so I forget her some times :-(

Love,
J Haas

awiec

Arachnoprince
I forget about my P.muticus sometimes as I normally just admire the tunnel work but when it pops out (which I see it surprisingly often, did not get the pet hole memo) I'm so happy to see my little orange devil.

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
I forgot about my 1.5" P. muticus sling for a few weeks because he was behind a few other critters on the shelf. So Yea, I bet he feels the most neglected haha

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Honestly i love to TRY and admire my gbbs and everyone elese. Almosy every other day. But only one who might get overlooked is P.cambridgei only because this 1/4-1/2 in sling is so tiny and so well webbed i almost have to send a search party.. its fed ev 3-4 days and on 2nd feed day i pull out the lights to find out which of the 4 entrances its in for peace of mind.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably my P.irminia because it never leaves its web tunnel. I have a good view of it usually because it made its home right up against one side of the container, however it's probably one of my least active tarantulas.

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a small (for now!) 3 T collection, and none are overlooked, but my stirmi IS a bit of a pet hole. Still love her though.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sad to say but its my M. balfouri sling. Its about 1 1/2 inches and hides WAY to much. I cant wait till its older though.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I forgot about my 1.5" P. muticus sling for a few weeks because he was behind a few other critters on the shelf. So Yea, I bet he feels the most neglected haha
Mine has a similar situation as I can turn my head and see all of the cages besides its cage, unless I go over to my desk I would never know I had it. I did pay attention enough to it to save it from being stuck in a molt so I guess that's what counts.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I love all of my T's. I check every enclosure when I get up in the morning several times through the day and once again before bed time

:unsure: It's either love or OCD, I haven't decided :?

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
My balfouri sling is only like 1/2" right now too. I can't wait until it's showing adult colors!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I love all of my T's. I check every enclosure when I get up in the morning several times through the day and once again before bed time

:unsure: It's either love or OCD, I haven't decided :?
"i haven't decided" LMAO maybe its both skip!

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I swear I have Ts that I haven't seen since I purchased them - some several months. But I do see signs that they're there. I keep telling myself that I've created habitats where they're happy so they don't need to crawl around on the lids of their containers to show their displeasure.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unfortunately my avicularia avicularia get overlooked, since I have a ton of rare and colorful tarantulas in my collection. These tarantulas are everywhere since they're easy to produce and are WC, but the fact of the matter is that they're so docile, beautiful blue coloration, a great feeding response, and even hit their prey harder than any other species I've seen. Sometimes availability affects our opinions on these amazing animals.

Last edited:

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
I would have to say it is my MM G. rosea. He doesn't do anything but sit there. So, I sent him off to try his luck with the ladies in a 50/50 breeding project.

Earth Eater

Arachnopeon
Mine would have to be my mature female P. irminia whom I haven't seen in a few months. She does attack prey whenever I put something in her retreat every other week or so... I just don't see it happen. I hear the fangs slap, though.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
I usually check my ts several times a day, but maybe I do overlook my Lasiodora striatipes a little bit. But to compensate that I made her a very lively terrarium with 3 species of plants for her to enjoy :angelic:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My collection is pretty small (so far) so no one gets overlooked. It also helps that I have all my enclosures in prominent spots on display as opposed to being more "shelved"