My b. Smithi FINALLY molted (Update on my a. Avic and pix of both)

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
My b. Smithi, Fluffy, laid down a molting mat last night around 10. At about 1 am he flipped, I checked again at 5 am and he was still just flipped with little improvement. Woke up at 8 and checked him again and he was completely out of his old exo but still on his back, by 9:30 he flipped back over and let me grab his molt with out any issues (it was away from him and close enough to the front of his log for me to grab. He looks friggin gorgeous!

45765667868.jpg
3453636546.jpg
ertetaerdfg.jpg

Also, Update on my Avic. Avic., 5 days post molt she was still very much scrunched up and looking like she was starting to death curl (I had mentioned this in the thread I made the day after he molt and everyone thought it was just normal post molting behavior) however after 5 days of it only getting worse, and being very inactive to anything. I started to reallllly worry. I did get a good enough look to see her fangs where very close to black and being that I thought she would die otherwise, I had to tear her web down to get her out and into an ICU. This is the first time I`ve had to do anything like this so it was very nerve racking!! After only 5 hours in the ICU, she went from an almost death curl to being completely spread out (I take it she was feeling better!!) I left her in over night after changing out her paper towel to a fresh one. By morning I fixed her enclosure to help keep SOME humidity level and put her back in. Sadly she hasn't started a new web yet (last time she started to web AS SOON as she was put in but I am sure she's just still regaining energy etc. Anyways I am so relieved to say I saved my first tarantula!! While changing her from ICU back to her home I was able to get a few pix of her new "dress". (and is it just me or does she look kinda like an A. Metallica??)

457568768768.jpg
rtyrtyrtyrtyrty.jpg

fomor

Arachnopeon
Very glad your B.smithi moulted safely.
I hope your Avic is doing well now, make sure she has access to water. Seems like you did the right thing with the ICU, good on you!

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
Very glad your B.smithi moulted safely.
I hope your Avic is doing well now, make sure she has access to water. Seems like you did the right thing with the ICU, good on you!
Thank you, I felt so bad for her but was so afraid to do anything until she was post molt atleast 5 days. Whew!

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Your smithi is a handsome young man

My Avic avic did the same thing when I got it. It couldn't find the water dish(Special needs T lol). Curled up and tried dying. fortunately I caught it very early and was able to just poke her face in the water dish. She drank like a parched camel and snapped right out of it.

MalevolentForce

Arachnopeon
Dat B. Smithi though. How GORGEOUS. My female B. Smithi might need a boyfriend. Ha.

My little girl just molted a few days ago. How do you get your exo's so beautiful like that?! I would LOVE to get a molted skin like that! I'm still trying to get my girls exo out, but she's protective over this one for some reason...

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
Dat B. Smithi though. How GORGEOUS. My female B. Smithi might need a boyfriend. Ha.

My little girl just molted a few days ago. How do you get your exo's so beautiful like that?! I would LOVE to get a molted skin like that! I'm still trying to get my girls exo out, but she's protective over this one for some reason...
Haha! Well he's not mature yet but I definitely wanna breed him. His molt was towards the front of his burrow and he was towards the back so I very carefully grabbed onto one of the legs of his exo with my tongs and slowly lifted it out in case he did like yours and wanna hoard it lol.

Thanks guys, he's my pride and joy =)