Acanthoscurria brocklehursti

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Two weeks ago my adult 7" inch female Acanthoscurria brocklehursti molted and she looks great!

Acanthoscurria brocklehursti Female

Jose

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The photo I posted of the Acanthoscurria brocklehursti on post #1 is a 7' inch female. I decided to post another photo of one of my old females that I use to have that was at 4.5".

Acanthoscurria braocklehursti Female

Jose

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Now I might be wrong and am taking a chance at sounding really dumb, but weren't Geniculata and Brocklehursti found to be synonymous? Like, same species?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Now I might be wrong and am taking a chance at sounding really dumb, but weren't Geniculata and Brocklehursti found to be synonymous? Like, same species?
Regional variations, but they shouldn't be mixed. A taxonomist may come along and separate them again. Many tarantulas have had their species and even genera changed in revisions. Until there's DNA tests done on the entire family, a lot is tentative, and spiders are in the back of the line when it comes to public or private funding for such endeavors.

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
Regional variations, but they shouldn't be mixed. A taxonomist may come along and separate them again. Many tarantulas have had their species and even genera changed in revisions. Until there's DNA tests done on the entire family, a lot is tentative, and spiders are in the back of the line when it comes to public or private funding for such endeavors.
Didn't think about it like that. That makes a lot of sense. I recently got a freebie brocklehursti sling and was going to relable it but I'll be sure to keep it seperate now. Lord knows there's enough muddying of genes already as it is in the hobby haha :p

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 08:33 PM ----------

Awesome pics btw, Jose! I love the first one especially :)

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks guys about my pictures.
I just realized that I misspelled brocklehursti on post #2. Now is to late for me to edit and correct the spelling. Moderators if you are able to correct the spelling please do. I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Jose

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Another molt from a different female

Here I have a different female that molted two weeks ago. This is not the same one from post #1.
I also took photo of the spermathecae just for kicks of this female.

Acanthoscurria broklehursti - Female

Acanthoscurria brocklehursti - Spermathecae

Acanthoscurria broklehursti - Female

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Man, those are such gorgeous T's. I cannot believe that everybody in the hobby does not have at least one of those or a geniculata!

Man, I am SUCH a fan-boy of the species! :eek:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As always, beautiful shots of some beautiful tarantulas, Jose! Thanks.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I took this photo with a flash camera, wanted to see how much difference she would look compare to daylight photo with no flash. She is the same female that is on post #9

Acanthoscurria brocklehursti - Female

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Daylight photo no flash and nighttime photo with flash same camera. Almost same position. Same spider, which photo looks best?

Pancakensyrup

Arachnosquire
I like them both the daytime you can actually see her and the one with the flash makes her white bits pop :)

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Man, those are such gorgeous T's. I cannot believe that everybody in the hobby does not have at least one of those or a geniculata!

Man, I am SUCH a fan-boy of the species! :eek:
Same, since I got my brocklehursti I've definitely been a fan. 100% gonna have a few more in the future.
It's amazing how their white portions almost look pink after a molt. Certainly a pretty girl.