are there any native T's in So. Oregon

XxAWoLxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was just wondering if anybody know's if there are native tarantulas in southern oregon and if so what are the names I reserched but came up with nothing....

Angelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
eeehhh.....i doubt it. there are a few scattered species in california but i beleive thats as far north as they go. i think tarantulas native to california are a rarity itself. but then again, im not so sure.....

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I think the Bay area is the farthest north you can find them. I believe, but I might be wrong, that it's Aphonopelma califoricum (might be an invalid species name).
You can't find any Ts in Oregon, unfortunately....

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ts in Oregon

Nope,.... Sorry, too far north. Coolest spiders youll have up there are Argiopes, the yellow and black ones with the orb web in your garden.

Mikey_G.Rosea

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those ones are neat! I have only seen one of those and it was way neat! I cought it then let it go after a while! :D

HIKERGREGORY

Arachnopeon
ok thanks for the INFO
So I have read the other threads. I live on the central Oregon coast about 25 miles inland and just two weeks ago a tarantula went across my path. So makes me think there are some a little further north then being suggested. Just saying

cold blood

Staff member
So I have read the other threads. I live on the central Oregon coast about 25 miles inland and just two weeks ago a tarantula went across my path. So makes me think there are some a little further north then being suggested. Just saying
I found a python in the woods of WI....doesnt mean there are pythons in WI.

No ts in Oregon unless someone lets one go there.

Now Sasquatch on the other hand....