You and your beloved tarantula(s)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You know how they say pet owners begin to resemble their pets? Please post pictures here of you and your tarantulas.... And we'll see!

image.jpg

This is me and my recently passed common brown MM - he was on his last legs in this photo, but oh did I love that little guy!
I actually preserved and mounted him so he could be w me always (yes kinda creepy, I know - but if anyone wants to know how to preserve forever and mount your recently passed tarantula(s) please pm me!) - this below was my first try! Pat pat pat myself in the back :)

image.jpg

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My other cuties and me

Here's me and my carlsbad green (she used to be very very gentle) - and don't worry I'm laying down so she cannot fall and hurt herself
image.jpg

And this is me being silly with my Chaco!
image.jpg
I wouldn't really eat her.....

Ok ppl now it's your turn- post those pix! And plx keep the criticism to a minimum - this thread is solely for pictures of u and your little ones. Please no arguing or demeaning other. That seems to happen sometimes and I want everyone to feel safe to post a picture without back lash.
Thanks
Can't wait to see your pics, all!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I don't, but I don't handle either. I enjoy other peoples pics though so I'm looking forward to follow up posts. :)

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I normally don't handle mine. Even if I wanted to I couldn't as the majority of mine are either too defensive or far too skittish and/or fast-moving. I'll try getting one of the brachys if I can.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No one takes selfies w their spiders lol I guess I'll have to take more then...

--J.Haas

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am an old woman. I don't do this with my Ts either. :)
I'd rather not risk bites from OW nor urts from NW, especially near my face.

KittenAB

Arachnopeon
My Beanie with Aragog

The Peanut man with Aragog

Me, Aragog is chillin/blending on my shoulder lol

For good measure :)

Gliders

Snake

I love my animals :)

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love my animals :)
I don't mean this in a disrespectful way at all, but you say you love them, but I don't think you understand how stressful handling is for a tarantula. They're so sensitive to movement and I'm sure they don't enjoy this at all. Whys a picture worth stressing out the animals you love?

KittenAB

Arachnopeon
My T didn't seem to mind at all. I didn't hold him often but when I did I paid attention to his cues. He never showed any signs of fear or aggregation and never gave any triggers.

gobey

Arachnoknight
The only tarantula I'd consider holding is my avic. None of my others are close to handlable. They're all too skittish or bitey or small and fragile and quick. (Slings)

Not even going to ever try to come into contact with the old worlds.

But even my Avic is too skittish and quick and antsy to get a good picture with. It hates skin. It's jumpy, and poppy. Clearly doesn't want to come or and play lol.

Here's when I first handled my Rosie and Avic. With gloves lol. I wore gloves and safety glasses for hairs to the eye.

Be prepared right?

Attachments

Last edited:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My T didn't seem to mind at all. I didn't hold him often but when I did I paid attention to his cues. He never showed any signs of fear or aggregation and never gave any triggers.
Not all t's show signs, most actually walk slowly because they feel threatened. How would you like to be picked up by Godzilla and put on an unnatural, unstable surface? Wouldn't say you'd like it very much.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think being picked up by Godzilla would be fun. Of course I'm not a tarantula.

cold blood

Staff member
gloves

Gloves can actually make things MORE dangerous as you lack the feel and dexterity needed should the situation call for it....you'll never feel a slip. Not to mention her fangs would likely penetrate just the same. I know its a rare case and not a daily occurrence, just sayin'...ya know, for future reference.:)

And kitten, they are emotionless inverts, you can't tell outwardly when there is an issue until it gets extreme. They won't give you signs.;)

Still, I enjoy some of the pix (not as much the facials).....are those sugar gliders?? Pretty cute little dudes.