new slings, need some name ideas!

ojpo

Arachnopeon
First off, im pretty excited because i just got 2 brand new slings today! And I personally like to name all my pets, not just the dogs. And im a huge movie fan, so most of my exotic pets are named after either actors or characters from my favorite films. For example, I have G Pulchripes sling named Divine, after the actress Divine from countless John Waters films. Two emperor scorpions named Karloff and Lugosi, after Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi (they played the original Frankenstein and Dracula), and a Singapore Blue named Jekyll. I also have a GBB named Tulia, which isn't from a movie, but is an Italian name meaning something like "beautiful water" or something (cuz of the blue legs...). But now I got these two new slings today, a P Cambridgei and an A Geniculata. The P Cambridgei is also my first arboreal. (I was told that Singapore Blues are semi-arboreal, but mine has a very extensive and deep burrow, and very rarely climbs the sides of her cage.) But anyway, I don't have names for them, and I was wondering if anybody might have some suggestions? I would like to stick with the nerdy film trend I have going, but any ideas would be appreciated! Also, I would love to post pics, but I'm not really sure how to do that using my smart phone, which is my only means of internet access right now.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
You know, it's funny. I named a few of mine but more often than not, I find myself calling them by their scientific name or that plus a descriptor (the older A.genic sling or the 3rd G.porteri female we bought for example). But I'm all for naming things, it's fun for a bit. You should name the A.genic "Jaws", works for the movie theme and is appropriate given their huge appetites and impressive feeding response.

louise f

Arachnoangel
name

Hey.

I would definently call the P.cambridgei (Smeagol ) they are just as sneaky and greedy as he is.:biggrin:

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Looks like you're doing a great job of naming everybody so far. I've also used film names for some of mine, others are just tongue-in-cheek: A male P. irminia named Tony (if you like Frosted Flakes), and a GBB named Sprite (as, yes, Sprite comes in a green bottle).

As goodoldneon said, use your imagination. :)

fomor

Arachnopeon
Sticking with your film theme I'd suggest Robin (as in Williams) or Eli (as in Wallach) both of whom passed recently.
Nice names, I've named my two but mainly to help out my parents and girlfriend when they ask about them :p
I'd enjoy seeing pictures if possible.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
But now I got these two new slings today, a P Cambridgei and an A Geniculata. The P Cambridgei is also my first arboreal. (I was told that Singapore Blues are semi-arboreal, but mine has a very extensive and deep burrow, and very rarely climbs the sides of her cage.)
If you're referring to the P. cambridgei as "Singapore Blue", I have to burst your bubble - the common name for that sling is "Trinidad Chevron". Singapore Blue would be Lampropelma violaceopes and in addition the P. cam is NW, the LV is OW.

fomor

Arachnopeon
If you're referring to the P. cambridgei as "Singapore Blue", I have to burst your bubble - the common name for that sling is "Trinidad Chevron". Singapore Blue would be Lampropelma violaceopes and in addition the P. cam is NW, the LV is OW.
I think the OP was referring to the Singapore blue named Jekyll mentioned in his post. It's a little unclear and makes a good example of why we should always use scientific names to avoid confusion.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think the OP was referring to the Singapore blue named Jekyll mentioned in his post. It's a little unclear and makes a good example of why we should always use scientific names to avoid confusion.
My bad. Just re-read the post and you're right. I was tired last night when I posted this, so apologies :)