Avicularia juruensis color morph?!?!?

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello everyone, I need help identifying my mystery avicularia. I have four avicularia juruensis, so when I got this one I kind of skeptical since she was much darker than any juruensis I've seen. I really want to know what she is, so i can eventually breed her. I'm really hoping she's a dark color form and any information would be truly appreciate. Thanks for looking.

First picture is a female avicularia juruensis, but the other three picture's are the mystery avicularia.

Attachments

Last edited:

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I may be getting one of these soon. Awesome looking species. I like the lighter colored morphs more.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks misslaine. All I've ever seen is the light color morph till I bought this amazing girl from you. I'm going to contact rick west before I breed my jurensis.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Aside from the contrast in color, is the yellow striping and banding pattern on the legs the same between the two? It may or may not mean anything but I would try looking for other similarities/differences. Both are beautiful specimens btw.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you google search or go through the avicularia pictures on ab, you will ONLY see the lighter form. They ONLY time I'VE seen the darker form is due to Rick West. I would love to hear more thoughts from juruensis owners. Thanks

And yes, both specimen's have the yellow bands on their legs.

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you cold blood. You would be really astonished if you seen all of my avicularia. I think next week, I'm going to post pictutes of all my collection. :)

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wait till you see my collection! If you aren't in love with avicularia, I'll make you fall in love with this genus! ;)

cold blood

Staff member
Just wait till you see my collection! If you aren't in love with avicularia, I'll make you fall in love with this genus! ;)
I'm very quickly realizing this...I can't believe I basically ignored avics for a decade...D'oh! I wish I lived near you to take a tour fuzzy, I have no doubt I'd be gushing the entire time!

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good lord, a decade? That's way too long! I saw versicolors and I fell in love! Versicolors were my first breeding project. That amazing female gave me two massive sacs. Unfortunately, she died young, due to some genetic issues. Both of her sacs had slings with some sort of cyst. She has a spot in my heart. Her daughter is my favorite in my whole collection. Long story short I had to roll them everyday five times a day for 20 days. She's very docile like her mother and my mother and I hold her sometimes. I love this genus and I'm looking forward to get people into this genus!!!

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Way too many avicularia and the United States hasn't seen of the avicularia that Europe has to offer. I wish I could discovery new species of avicularia in the wild.

cold blood

Staff member
Must be that ELITIST attitude....
Hey bud, you were the "elitist" that changed my views on the genus and convinced me to get some. And I didn't use any of that colored bold print either, so I must not truly be elitist...teehee;P

Thanks for opening my eyes btw;)

awiec

Arachnoprince
Good lord, a decade? That's way too long! I saw versicolors and I fell in love! Versicolors were my first breeding project. That amazing female gave me two massive sacs. Unfortunately, she died young, due to some genetic issues. Both of her sacs had slings with some sort of cyst. She has a spot in my heart. Her daughter is my favorite in my whole collection. Long story short I had to roll them everyday five times a day for 20 days. She's very docile like her mother and my mother and I hold her sometimes. I love this genus and I'm looking forward to get people into this genus!!!
I started out with an avic and he/she was very tolerant of my early mistakes and is still alive and well. I just finally got around to getting my second avic, velutina who is the complete opposite of my versi as it's a very picky eater and does not budge one bit when I open the vial.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I got something similar a while back. Bought as braunshauseni, clearly something else. I was informed after I bought this girl she was wild caught. Therefore, I figured she was most likely not juruensis since they are from Brazil. This girl looks like your dark form juruensis and not like my other juruensis but that doesn't mean it is the same as yours cuz picture IDing an Avic is a joke. Since I'm not %100 positive on her ID I would never breed her. So be careful cause the Genus is already messed up. ;)

3" Female:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have also only seen the "dark form" juruensis in pictures but only a few.

Last edited: