A.eutylenum Egg Sac

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
So I wanted to run to the boards and shout about my WC Aphonopelma eutylenum laying a sac a few weeks ago, but I resisted. Don't count your eggs before they hatch and all that; for all I knew, they could have been duds. Well, yesterday at 22 days I went ahead and pulled the sac--nice and loose, as well as warm to the touch. I opened it up to 345 eggs, after picking out the bad. I was extremely worried I'd jumped the gun and had pulled them way too early (and still think I did but ce la vie) but after getting home this morning and checking on them (which I've only done compulsively 10-15 times since getting home two hours ago) I saw that I had an EWL! My very first EWL! Mind, I've bred but so far nothing has come of any of these pairings and the only sac I'd handled prior was my A.versicolor's dud sac--which came in handy as it made for a good textual comparison right away. I checked again not long ago and I can see others starting to emerge. So it would appear I was only a little bit too early, though I still wish I'd waited. Anyway, I'm excited. I need to get a pic of mommy but she's being understandably grouchy, but here are the eggs and EWLs:

My SO picking out the bad and shriveled eggs. He's more deft than I am so I left it up to him.

Can you spot the first EWL?

The one emerging here is a bit hard to see, but it's like 5 across from the top and 3 down. Obviously easier to see in person:

Now if you'll excuse me I have some eggs to obsess over. :love: