Another moving slings question

Amimia

Arachnosquire
Im planning on ordering another T soon and this time i wanted to be prepared.
The place I ordered my L. P from had him in a vial wrapped in damp paper towels. Me being an excited idiot laid the damp paper towel out in a not really contained enviroment and released my T into the wild, luckily I found him an hour later. Obviously that method didn't work and it'd probably work a lot worse with a T an 1/8 of an inch. So how do I go about moving them from the shipping vial to the set up vial?

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
1. set up the enclosure as you want it for the sling
2. open the container the sling is in
3. gently prod your sling with a soft bristled pain brush into the enclosure
4. put the lid on the enclosure......

????

---------- Post added 09-15-2014 at 08:03 PM ----------

in doubt there are numerous unpacking videos and rehousing videos on youtube....

cold blood

Staff member
Im planning on ordering another T soon and this time i wanted to be prepared.
The place I ordered my L. P from had him in a vial wrapped in damp paper towels. Me being an excited idiot laid the damp paper towel out in a not really contained enviroment and released my T into the wild, luckily I found him an hour later. Obviously that method didn't work and it'd probably work a lot worse with a T an 1/8 of an inch. So how do I go about moving them from the shipping vial to the set up vial?
I plug the drain and do this in the bathtub. No where for them to hide if they bolt. The more you can minimize the places to run to or hide between or under the better. I'd love to have a small completely empty, sterile room to do transfers, but for now my bathroom is the most clutter-free area, so I choose to work there. I just re-housed a little I. mira and it was exceptionally quick and uncooperative, bolting for anything it could....had I done that in any other room in my house, I would still be looking for it...in a clean area, it was actually pretty uneventful, despite its speedy display and insistence to get away.

When you say "released...into the wild", do you mean you did this outside?

Amimia

Arachnosquire
When you say "released...into the wild", do you mean you did this outside?
Oh no no, I was just being dramatic, I was in the kitchen. I had both vials in this big popcorn bowl, thought it would be enough but i was very wrong. The bathtub is a really good idea, thanks

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I plug the drain and do this in the bathtub.
+1
This method works well, but the downside is that a catch up doesn't work very well in a tub, due to the tub being curved. This is what I did until I recently moved. Now, I have a bathroom where the toilet is in it's own little mini-room. Perfect for transferring.