Ts favorite hiding place?

Amimia

Arachnosquire
Hey there, I just wanted to ask: where does your T spend most of its day?
My G. Rosea in her old tank used to just sit out in the open (she did have a hide), but now that I've given her a bigger tank and a plastic plant she spends her time huddled under the leaves, or on top of the leaves, either way.

Akai

Arachnobaron
My LP likes to flip to over her water dish and flip it right back up and sit inside. It's maddening. Lol

Tarantula24

Arachnopeon
My G. rosea spends a lot of time out in the open, but it does occasionally use its hide. My A. chalcodes is the opposite, spending the majority of its time in its hide.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
My LP likes to flip to over her water dish and flip it right back up and sit inside. It's maddening. Lol
id totally invest in either a little mortar. or a ceramic dish ;P
~~~~~~~

as for mine. my gbbs hide in their webs ones in a corner under leaves others randomly in a spot with nothing with webs overhead
rosea hides behind a 1/4 cork round as well as both of her pots XD [shes a odd one]
my tiny N. chromatus he is still like 1" maybe so uses a hole..
everyone elese [including 1/2 in boehmei] is typically just standing around..
my male rosea.. he sits on it -.- what a *bleep* i worked hard on that lol [not really]
tho one of my LD tends to just sit and peek over 2 leaves it sits and almost devides his cage in half [he did it not me] and he peeks over it like hes laying on his belly with only his head showing.. what a weirdy XD..

Last edited:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the enclosure of my gbb female I have a fake primate skull with an hole in the top and both eye sockets empty, she climbs in through the top and sits with a few feet stuck out of the eye socket waiting for lunch. She does this even though she as an hide, I think there's a pic of this in my gallery

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
They all vary. I have one rosie that is out in the open all day, and another that spends all its time underground. I have 5 pokies that hang out on the sides of their enclosures until they are disturbed which = instant pet holes. A B. vagans that stays underground all day, and a P. irminia that I hardly ever see, stuck behind his dirt & web curtains. :)

gobey

Arachnoknight
Lol that's great. None of mine mess with their water dishes.

I have too many!

Let's see OBT MM webs up in a rock cave or under cork bark. He'd rather never see anybody. Female OBT goes in her cave rarely, she likes to stay out and about but climbs the fake plant. One baby OBT hides in moss. Another baby OBT stays at the top of the deli cup. My H. Macs both burrow in the moss, one with web tunnels. I have a B. Albo sling that dug all the way to the bottom. My Avic finally made a web home behind some cork bark after 3 and a half months, my 4" L.P. hid under a half log and walled herself in. She's in a new setup now. The 5" L.p. dug under a cork bark log. He hit plastic so I have to redesign his home with more substrate before he molts bigger. My 2 P. Regalis slings switch between hiding ON the cork bark camouflaged, and hiding in the moss. One has a burrow in the moss. And 3 of my B. Albo slings and my 5" Rose hair never hide at all.

Kron

Arachnosquire
My A. avicularia likes to sit on the sides of the tank very occasionally using the branches and such in her enclosure, I wasted a bit of money there

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
A.versicolor:"Whats hiding?"

For real have never seen it any were but in the middle of its moss tangle (on top) with its little web pillow...

E.murinus has a hole, nobody knows were it goes :p, and my Lps push there heads in the substrate like ostriches so guess there hide is anywhere theres dirt?

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Sub adult P. Vittata – She doesn’t have 1 favourite spot, sometimes on the ground behind a plant, sometimes under a plant at other times on the glass.
Juvenile OBT – Has built her own cave and hides away all day, every day although I may see a few legs occasionally
Sub adult G. rosea – Back corner of the viv, on the ground behind a piece of wood but usually visible
P. metallica sling – Never in the same place twice but usually visible
L. Parahybana slings – 1 in the corner partly on the hide, the other in the hide but is beginning to spend more time in the open.
H.incei slings – 1 burrows at the side of the tub, 1goes under the web but usually in view and the other anywhere. Strange how different these 3 are.
C. schioedtei sling – This one has built a web tunnel leading under the cork bark and hides away there.
B. albopilosum sling – Digs a hole at the side of the tub but always leaves its bum showing
C. fasciatum sling – Another burrower