Purchasing Tarantulas

NikkyWoodhams

Arachnopeon
Would anyone be kind enough to recommend the best place to purchase T's in the UK?
or anywhere i would be able to get them shipped overnight.
I have only ever bought my T's from a trusted pet shop but they are very far away to travel home with the T/T's so i am looking into the best place to get them sent to me from.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Nicola :geek:

fomor

Arachnopeon
I've had good experiences with Tarantulas Bristol and the Spider Shop, both online stores based in the UK.
If you haven't already you might want to join the European sub forum by clicking join groups on your profile page. It isn't terribly active but there are some threads with information on other online shops which I haven't tried personally.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tartan Tarantulas might be worth checking out, too I hear.

NikkyWoodhams

Arachnopeon
Tartan Tarantulas might be worth checking out, too I hear.
Yes! I have seen ALOT of good reviews for tartan tarantulas! Do they have a website?

---------- Post added 09-19-2014 at 12:41 AM ----------

I've had good experiences with Tarantulas Bristol and the Spider Shop, both online stores based in the UK.
If you haven't already you might want to join the European sub forum by clicking join groups on your profile page. It isn't terribly active but there are some threads with information on other online shops which I haven't tried personally.
I will give that a look thank you very much :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes! I have seen ALOT of good reviews for tartan tarantulas! Do they have a website?

---------- Post added 09-19-2014 at 12:41 AM ----------

I will give that a look thank you very much :)
As far as I'm aware, they sell via a facebook page. Look them up there.

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
Would anyone be kind enough to recommend the best place to purchase T's in the UK?
or anywhere i would be able to get them shipped overnight.
I have only ever bought my T's from a trusted pet shop but they are very far away to travel home with the T/T's so i am looking into the best place to get them sent to me from.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Nicola :geek:
What side of London are you? I know most places in London worth going.

hairyspideyfan

Arachnopeon
....you could always try Preloved or Gumtree.... I have obtained my 5 out of 6 T's this way - You get both breeders and private sellers this way.

Plus, you can place a free advert for a specific species you are after - I placed a 'wanted' ad for a adult female GBB and I got several replies. The guy I bought her from lived local to me, so I collected her in person, and he gave me a sub-adult B. vagans as a freebee!!

:biggrin:

NikkyWoodhams

Arachnopeon
What side of London are you? I know most places in London worth going.
im in south london, near wimbledon!

---------- Post added 09-22-2014 at 10:38 AM ----------

....you could always try Preloved or Gumtree.... I have obtained my 5 out of 6 T's this way - You get both breeders and private sellers this way.

Plus, you can place a free advert for a specific species you are after - I placed a 'wanted' ad for a adult female GBB and I got several replies. The guy I bought her from lived local to me, so I collected her in person, and he gave me a sub-adult B. vagans as a freebee!!

:biggrin:
I got my B.smithi sling from preloved, they can be good but i didnt really feel like collecting this time!
I will have another look though, looking for a cyclosternum fasciatum.. absolutely stunning T!!!!

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Virginia cheeseman and exotic-pets are good to deal with and have pretty good prices, as for the spidershop I use them for most things I want but if they haven't got what I want I tend to use the other 2

GG80

Arachnoknight
I have to recomend The Spider Shop. I ordered 4 slings to be delivered to Ireland, they arrived 3 days after shipping and all were very well packed and healthy. Great communication throughout the transaction too.