i have some ideas

Ladylegs

Arachnopeon
so i love my Ts and most ppl refuse to come to my house because they are scared (weird right?) so i have come up with a master plan to help ease the FEAR. and make thier homes as awsome as they are. i want to build a tank for both Ts so they are separate but in a common themed inclosure. for Melificent (my Poecilotheria metallica) i want to build a castle since they are arboreal i figure this makes since. and a moat style tank to go around completely or just at the base for Odd~aura (my Grammostola pulchripes) how perfect of a set up for my creeping beauties. haha. my problem is i cant think of good building materials. ive thought of glass but its really hard to get the measurements correct and not enough air flow. so i thought legos would rock but they are too small and expensive for how big each tank needs to be. then there is lincon logs which is the best thing ive thought of yet. cheeper to get and with some glue maybe or paste of some sort i can seal the cracks and make screen vents easily. however still open to ideas and feed back.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Although considering the species, most enclosure projects that are simply divided one way or the other, usually end up with one eaten up or simply dead Tarantula. I'd prepare to seperate enclosure with whatever theme you'd like to do. Just keep in mind no sharp edges, no stones that could fall ontop of the rosea if she decides to dig underneath and the like.

cold blood

Staff member
Although considering the species, most enclosure projects that are simply divided one way or the other, usually end up with one eaten up or simply dead Tarantula. I'd prepare to seperate enclosure with whatever theme you'd like to do. Just keep in mind no sharp edges, no stones that could fall ontop of the rosea if she decides to dig underneath and the like.
+1

I'll admit when I first read the imagination involved in the op, I couldn't help but think this was thought up in a dispensary...lol.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
There are way too many examples on this board of dividers that failed and ended with one T eating the other. As far as people being afraid to come over, that's kind of stupid considering everything is confined to its own enclosure.

I'd rather visit someone with a house full of cobras and vipers that have their own enclosures than visit someone with a mean dog.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
id also advise against it unless your going going the extra mile and siliconing them and making different tops and then again id still say no.. i think most of us wanted this at one point.. but i think its in your better judgment not to..

as for the imagination i love it. im hoping my genic grows faster so i can give her a custom 20long XD kinda gave the castle idea a few run abouts myself have you thought of using mortar like lizard landscapes? foam and mortar so its light-ish and still sturdy and you could even incorporate a underground burrow area for the T [even if its 4 posts and a entrance] and not have to worry about it collapsing and crushing her :D

Ladylegs

Arachnopeon
Ok ok guys I'm not going to put them together. they will each be in a cage that can stand alone but when the inclosures are next to each other it will look like one tank. But in no way will they be able to co exist I know one or both will die. I just need ideas on how to build them sorry for the confusion

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Ok ok guys I'm not going to put them together. they will each be in a cage that can stand alone but when the inclosures are next to each other it will look like one tank. But in no way will they be able to co exist I know one or both will die. I just need ideas on how to build them sorry for the confusion
If you got 20 mins watch a vid from these guys

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
i like the idea of making a lego decoration inside a cage, but then i remember the pain from my childhood whenever i stepped on a lego brick. the corners are pretty pointy. not sure i'd trust them in a T cage.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Haha i talk bout all time everyone thinks im crazy iv done the waterfall ones myself was always too scared of waisting like 30 bucks and a weeks time on an elaborite hide piece and they not like it xD

Ladylegs

Arachnopeon
Ive had this idea for a while now. When my boyfriend bought me the Poecilotheria_metallicawe we're discussing names. He thought of Melificent and that's when I decided she needed to be in a castle with odd-aura in the mote below. Which sounds much like aurora the princess. We have made a few glass tanks but it is very difficult to get the exact measurements with glass. And for a complicated castle I've been trying to comeup with another plan to build the perfect homes. I like my unusual pets and want unusual cages to go with it.

---------- Post added 09-18-2014 at 02:04 PM ----------

There are way too many examples on this board of dividers that failed and ended with one T eating the other. As far as people being afraid to come over, that's kind of stupid considering everything is confined to its own enclosure.

I'd rather visit someone with a house full of cobras and vipers that have their own enclosures than visit someone with a mean dog

I agree and I really don't mind if ppl refuse to come over for such a silly reason however I still love the idea of having a custom tank. My PAC man toad lives in a hand made cut glass triangle tank. And is thriving well in his home. It fits very nicely in the corners but it took three attempts to get it right and cut the crap out of my fingers.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I agree and I really don't mind if ppl refuse to come over for such a silly reason however I still love the idea of having a custom tank. My PAC man toad lives in a hand made cut glass triangle tank. And is thriving well in his home. It fits very nicely in the corners but it took three attempts to get it right and cut the crap out of my fingers.
Just luke to say.. its not a toad its a frog.. and as for the 3 times to fit.. measure twice cut once. And always take the glass thickness into the equasion xp

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
You should post some pics of this in the terrarium/vivarium sub forum. The tank, not your cut fingers. Unless you really wanted to...

Ladylegs

Arachnopeon
I did post the pics of the homemade tanks they turned out ok but not at the same time. It's a very exact art however with black electric tape we were able to hide most the flaws

---------- Post added 09-22-2014 at 09:15 PM ----------

However I was kind of thinking about modifying a bird cage. Cutting out the bars and replacing them with a smaller size chicken wire. Fix and cover any sharp edges but I think it would look both amazing and be unique which is the ultimate goal.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I did post the pics of the homemade tanks they turned out ok but not at the same time. It's a very exact art however with black electric tape we were able to hide most the flaws

---------- Post added 09-22-2014 at 09:15 PM ----------

However I was kind of thinking about modifying a bird cage. Cutting out the bars and replacing them with a smaller size chicken wire. Fix and cover any sharp edges but I think it would look both amazing and be unique which is the ultimate goal.
firsttly you want hardwear cloth not chicken wire. 2nd im not sure if this is a great idea. as some of these can be mediocre on the soddering/welding. iv had a lizard pull some apart. and ofcourse rats too. some are super flimsy a determined T could get out. plus they can rust for seemingly no reason. and bird cages are usually high. making falls a possibility. not sure hardwear cloth would be best for a arboreal either

Last edited:

Ladylegs

Arachnopeon
Fair enough. I just can't seem to find the right building material I have plenty of time my t is still less then an inch long she should be good in her tank for almost a year.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Fair enough. I just can't seem to find the right building material I have plenty of time my t is still less then an inch long she should be good in her tank for almost a year.
dont count your eggs befor they hatch. iv said "oh this enclosure will last a while" and befor i knew it i needed a new cage XD next time may wana ask the store to cut them for you tho. half the time i get charged 1 cut for 12 because they dont care.. but then again only some stores cut it. my home depot nolonger cuts glass.. sadface.. but talk to the manager and you can usually get it cut XD

Ladylegs

Arachnopeon
Yep we had the "pros" cut it gave them exactly what we needed and it still didn't come out exactly

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 02:01 AM ----------

Oh and I have plenty of tanks to place her if she out grows the one she is in I just want to make the best forever home for her

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Yep we had the "pros" cut it gave them exactly what we needed and it still didn't come out exactly

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 02:01 AM ----------

Oh and I have plenty of tanks to place her if she out grows the one she is in I just want to make the best forever home for her
lol tell a gm theyl get a real person who works there to do it and half the time theyl just throw the cut ones away come back the next day or later in the afternoon and some will let you take from the trash too lmao.. win win and legal XD but did you use a glass scorer? i usually score it 6 or so times in the same place. and then on the back a few times as well nice clean cut.. may want to wear gloves and goggles tho. and use a hard surface.. might check out diyfihkeepers on youtube or the king of diy for ideas and tutorials