Mending the Human Body With Spider Silk

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Very interesting! As someone who suffers with arthritis, this is a very exciting prospect. I wonder if someone who avoided total knee surgery with one of these implants would start shooing spiders outside instead of squishing them?

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
Very interesting! As someone who suffers with arthritis, this is a very exciting prospect. I wonder if someone who avoided total knee surgery with one of these implants would start shooing spiders outside instead of squishing them?
One can only hope, I am forever involved in a quest to convince people to stop killing every single spider they see! At the very least one should see them as pest control rather than evil creatures with malicious intent towards humans. If someone sees bats in my area people go, "oh they are good for the environment!" and then they turn around and step on a wolf spider...smh...

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Makes sense to me. Reimplantation surgery is still in it's infancy and making new discoveries all the time. One of the major issues is bridging the existing tissue to the implanted. The more conducive to natural regrowth, the less scar tissue. The scar tissue is what requires those countless hours of post surgical therapy and rehab.

Reference: http://www.buncke.org/ Dr. Buncke is the father of microsurgery.

Last edited:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I sometimes use widow webs to wrap my bait and keep it from falling off the hook whilst fishing, and because they contain spider pheromones, the fish will bite the silk alone :D

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I sometimes use widow webs to wrap my bait and keep it from falling off the hook whilst fishing, and because they contain spider pheromones, the fish will bite the silk alone :D
now THAT is an interesting use for spider web... o_O I wonder if lizard shed or snake shed could work the same way... snip a piece of the snake skin.. it's already tube shaped.. and slip it over the bait and hook.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I can't shake the mental image of a Huck Finn barefoot kid strolling off to the fishing hole with his rod over his shoulder and a long series of trashed widow webs with cheesed off spiders watching him go.

Hanska

Arachnobaron
As an old cyberpunk fan I've been waiting for years for cybernetics but this is even cooler.

Your flesh is weak. Improve it with the new Spydernetics™ implants.

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
Dude...genius. I like this idea very much.