H.judaicus

bananacustard

Arachnopeon
Would you recommend this for a beginner?

Bought 5 Grandidieri and want to buy adults while I wait for them to grow. My local supplier has a pair of these.

They look pretty cool.

Sent from my LG-D950G

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Would you recommend this for a beginner?

Bought 5 Grandidieri and want to buy adults while I wait for them to grow. My local supplier has a pair of these.

They look pretty cool.

Sent from my LG-D950G
I would recommend them, they are very very hardy and communal as adults (adding another interest factor)... However, out of all the scorpions I've ever kept, these are probably the most pissed off animals I've dealt with, my whole group would go crazy with aggression even when opening the cup/cage, pretty entertaining to watch!

Cheers,

Rob

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't like telling people that they shouldn't get something.That's something you have to decide.They will not hesitate to sting. venom is a 3 on a 5 scale.I keep mine 90F during day and 75F of the night.I spray a little water on the side every other day to 3 days.Not much at all.I just have scorplings right now.As they get older I will add a bottle cap for water.Hottentotta species are awesome.

bananacustard

Arachnopeon
Thank you for your answers. I think I still have a bit of research to do but that's what I love about this hobby; so many different species to choose from and all of them so unique.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't like telling people that they shouldn't get something.That's something you have to decide.They will not hesitate to sting. venom is a 3 on a 5 scale.I keep mine 90F during day and 75F of the night.I spray a little water on the side every other day to 3 days.Not much at all.I just have scorplings right now.As they get older I will add a bottle cap for water.Hottentotta species are awesome.
highly doubt their venom is a "3/5", and I hate the labeling of such, as it doesnt take into account individual experiences with venom nor the LD50. They are medically significant and should be treated as such.

I would work with your Grosphus for a while to get a handle for your husbandry and what your scorpions are capable of.

Last edited:

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
True.All venom can kill.All it takes is have an allergic reaction to it.i just put down what most care sheets will tell you.I wouldn't want to be tagged by any of them.