Which T has the bluest blue adult Female coloration?

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Seeing a lot of gorgeous color out there, but which takes the cake, most stunningly BLUE tarantula in the hobby?

L. Violaceopes?
P. Sazimai?
P. Metallica?
M. Balfouri?
Others?

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
My personal vote is for L. violaceopes. My P. Metallica and M. Balfouri's are not adults so I wouldn't be able to compare. All my H. Lividums are never ever visible (at least my Balfouri's come out at night and my Violaceopes shows her legs).

I also hear Xenesthis sp Blue is very stunning as adults, though I don't own any myself...yet.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
L violaceopes. P mets will start going black as they age, balfouris only have blue legs (and MM have the brighter legs), H lividum can be very blue or dullish slate with blue legs, and I honestly don't know about sazimai as I have never owned any.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I vote for the Lampropelma. One of my favourite species (and genus for the matter). If you're going by what has the most blue there's probably an undescribed/unknown species out there that holds the record.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens hands down. I feel like a good female is the bluest tarantula out there. H Lividum often looks grey unless you have the right lighting.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I have a very bright female A.seemani BCF and my T.cyaneolum is a very deep blue. My GBB male is probably the most apparent blue I've seen as my P.met just mostly has blue legs and my M.balfouri is still a baby. Honestly the most blue T you can get is maybe some of the avics and versi slings take the cake even if they don't stay that way.

awiec

Arachnoprince
My Thrixopelma cyaneolum is an absolutly beautiful blue. I wish my pics weren't so damn blurry, doesn't show as well as it does in person, that's for sure.
Don't forget the gold, mine looks like she had someone paint a faint gold "T" on her carapace, but mine is quite blue in normal light. This is a T that all you have to do is look and you can say "That T is BLUE" unlike some of the light tricks you need to play with other species. Mine is also a sweet heart so you can get all the pretty colors without worrying about getting holes in the hand.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lvs, GBB, A.metallica and P metallica. And there's one recently discovered species that is SOLID blue, it's not a bright blue, but it's def BLUE

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
+1 People always talk about wanting blue tarantulas, but for some reason there's never any mention of P.brachyramosa.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
P. brachyramosa is a burrower though if I'm not mistaken. So any of the like are not considered the best display T's. Much like H. lividum.

I'm gonna throw Homoeomma sp. "blue" Peru into the discussion. Beautiful, steely blue coloration as adults, coupled with cream-colored stripes. Stunning looking species!

Here's my ~5.5" female that molted recently:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
P. brachyramosa is a burrower though if I'm not mistaken. So any of the like are not considered the best display T's. Much like H. lividum.

I'm gonna throw Homoeomma sp. "blue" Peru into the discussion. Beautiful, steely blue coloration as adults, coupled with cream-colored stripes. Stunning looking species!

Here's my ~5.5" female that molted recently:
Oh Storm, every time I see your Homoeomma sp.blue I want one so badly. But then I remember that either confused or shady dealers were mixing them up with a Euathlus sp. and I don't pull the trigger so to speak. :c

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pretty T Storm. The new species was discovered in the Middle East has a steel blue to it, however it's far bright blue than H sp blue. It's bright as a GBB, but more blue than a GBB is blue-green. It was found in the UAE of all places, locals say it's all over the place, up on fences too, quite common to them!!

---------- Post added 09-17-2014 at 08:58 AM ----------

Does a juvie Avicularia versicolor count?

-JohnD.
Temporarily it does ;)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh Storm, every time I see your Homoeomma sp.blue I want one so badly. But then I remember that either confused or shady dealers were mixing them up with a Euathlus sp. and I don't pull the trigger so to speak. :c
Get in contact with Joyce for example, she owns one, too. Maybe she can tell you where she got hers? :)

Akai

Arachnobaron
I wonder why we even have blue tarantulas? It seems they would stick out like a sore thumb out in the wild which would not be beneficial to their survival. Take Pokies for instance. They all have perfect camouflage for blending into the trees except for P. metallicas. Why did P.metallicas evolve this way?

Anyways...I'm a sucker for anything blue when it comes to T's so an Orphnaecus sp. "blue" is on my want list.