G. Rosea bleeding?

Amimia

Arachnosquire
My Ts been hanging out under hide since I've moved her in a new tank, except to go for a drink. Well I went in my room and she was standing over her water bowl, I was admiring her pink sheen when I noticed on her first left leg (the one by the palps or whatever theyre called) on the first joint she had a dried white dot, I could kinda make out what SEEMED to be a laceration. She was on the furthest side so I couldn't get a picture.
If it's dried is it okay? Or is it something else? Thanks

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Are you sure it's not a speck of poop? If she was bleeding and it's already clotted then there's not much you can do.

Amimia

Arachnosquire
Are you sure it's not a speck of poop? If she was bleeding and it's already clotted then there's not much you can do.
Meh.... No I'm not sure. I'll just keep an eye on her for the next few days. Hopefully it's nothing

cold blood

Staff member
Normal, about 12 years ago I noticed the same thing on mine (same place, but not relegated to any single limb) and got all worried...for no reason at all. As she ages (she's quite elderly), I notice it a little more often. Clear your head of concern. I just checked her and I can see a little on one of her back legs. I'm talking about a little wet appearance.

Now, if it was an injury, its on a leg, and a single leg is almost meaningless to a t in the grand scheme of things. In the case of injury they have the ability to cut off the limb's "blood" flow...its why a lost limb doesn't result in any long term issues, even if its completely severed.

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
yeah, a wound to the leg is nothing to worry about. if it's bad enough, the T will just remove the leg and regenerate it in a couple of molts.
a wound to the carapace or abdomen, that's something to be concerned about.