How many watch Animal Bytes TV?

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Have y'all ever seen this? If not, you're missing out. I've been following this since it was just Snake Bytes. Back at the beginning of the summer Brian expanded it to ABTV, their slogan being "for animal lovers, by animal lovers". So far it's still pretty much dominated by reptiles, but they did put out their own version of shark week, dispelling the fear and disinformation put out by a network I won't mention. I think it would be great if we could get someone in the hobby to do a weekly show on ABTV. It would help educate and draw interest not just to the hobby, but to the wonderful world of arachnids we all love. Now before anyone says I posted in the wrong forum, I quote "This forum is for scientific questions pertaining to Tarantulas and discussing items with widespread repercussions to the hobby."

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I love that show! I must admit, I take far too much joy out of watching that one guy get bit...

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I believe that's the show that recently did a piece on retics that showed them in a pretty negative light. If that's the one I'm thinking of, I no longer watch it.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Haven't seen that. Brian has done shows on retics in the past. Didn't seem negative, they always stress education. I'll look it up though.

---------- Post added 09-16-2014 at 07:15 PM ----------

I believe that's the show that recently did a piece on retics that showed them in a pretty negative light. If that's the one I'm thinking of, I no longer watch it.
If you're reffering to the "60 ft. Python!!!" episode then you should probably go back and watch it again. I just got done watching it and I don't see any negativity directed toward the species. Brian did get nailed by that awesome pied retic, but what's an epidisode of snakebytes without someone getting tagged?

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Don't remember the title. Remember a retic being called "aggressive" when a guy grabs it by the head, after being told not to do it. Never gonna watch it again.

bigt0006

Arachnosquire
Havent watched many of the other shows but i watch snakebytes religously

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Anyways, I think someone from this hobby should be a part of this. Perhaps an arachnologist or a breeder. I know I'd watch the show. I'd love to see which genus or species they highlighted that week, or breeding different species, egg sac incubation, sling care, and their natural habitats..

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I'm pretty sure it was this show. Done by Brian, right? To each their own but, after what i watched, I won't ever watch again.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
I think I might have found what you're talking about. A Kamp Kenan episode on ABTV. In this episode they had to wrangle a 14 ft. retic which hadn't been handled since it was a hatchling. They were rehousing it into a larger enclosure. Took four guys. I think the dude whined excessively but again I don't see why this would turn you off ABTV. You should watch the 60 ft python episode. They tour Prehistoric Pets.

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
I like that channel, I usually watch it every day. My only gripe is that the Australian guy is boring and hard to watch.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I think I might have found what you're talking about. A Kamp Kenan episode on ABTV. In this episode they had to wrangle a 14 ft. retic which hadn't been handled since it was a hatchling. They were rehousing it into a larger enclosure. Took four guys. I think the dude whined excessively but again I don't see why this would turn you off ABTV. You should watch the 60 ft python episode. They tour Prehistoric Pets.
For a show "by animal people for animal people" not to come out and address the poor handling and poor showing that gave retics, that says a lot to me. I am not alone in my feelings due to that episode - I know a number of retic owners expressed their concerns and were met with derision by the show team. So, once again, glad you like it. I'll never waste my time viewing it again, though.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Ok I'm tired of this. Find the episode in question. What you described is not on there. The closest thing I found was that Kamp Kenan episode and that was a rehousing of an untamed retic which had never been handled. It was explained in the episode bofore the even got it out. Kenan was instructed to hold the snake by the head. I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not to burst your bubble about the tv show you like , but please realize tv shows are never good for the animal. They always stress the animals out they are not cared for well nor handled properly and usually end up dying in the process if not soon after . TV is for human enjoyment only and at a very high cost to our animals and even plant life. Zoo' are the same they are set up for human enjoyment only and the animals suffer for it. I say this from experience having worked for TV shows zoo's and many other animal facility and never have I seen a place where they truly do it right for the animals .i used to be big into reptiles but as the years went by people started hybridizing and color morphs etc . I find no reason to do these things they are beautiful as they are and yes it does cause problems for the animals. I see people get very upset about hybrid Ts but nothing mentioned on other animals we do it to . Sorry got off track, my rant is over. All that being said New Age Primal this was not intended to give you a hard time ,rather information that the cost to wild life is very high when it comes to tv shows

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Ok I'm tired of this. Find the episode in question. What you described is not on there. The closest thing I found was that Kamp Kenan episode and that was a rehousing of an untamed retic which had never been handled. It was explained in the episode bofore the even got it out. Kenan was instructed to hold the snake by the head. I don't think we're talking about the same thing.
That's the episode. Poorly handled. No response. You can be "tired of it" all you want. Never going to watch that show again. Deal with it.

bigt0006

Arachnosquire
That's the episode. Poorly handled. No response. You can be "tired of it" all you want. Never going to watch that show again. Deal with it.
Animal bytes tv is a channel not a show theres a different show each day of the week because one show pissed you off you wont watch any of the other shows. Animal bytes tv is a channel that was born from snake bytes tv . Now snake bytes is just a show on the channel

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk 2

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Animal bytes tv is a channel not a show theres a different show each day of the week because one show pissed you off you wont watch any of the other shows. Animal bytes tv is a channel that was born from snake bytes tv . Now snake bytes is just a show on the channel

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, because one show portrayed retics in a poor light via improper husbandry and handling without acknowledging it, I won't give the time of day to the rest of their stuff. Why in the hell would I think they wouldn't do the same with any other animal? If you enjoy it, go right ahead. I won't waste my time watching that (what I feel is) crap.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
This thread really went the opposite way I intended. I just thought it would be neat to see someone like Micheal Jacobi or Ken the Big Guy on there doing Tarantulas and other inverts. Sorry if I upset you, Freedumb.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
You haven't upset me one bit. You asked if anyone watched and what he/she thought - I am merely telling you my opinion. If you like watching it, that doesn't bother me in the least.