Water dish question

RickysReptiles

Arachnosquire
Hello,

I tried to search for the answer, but got a million results. I read through a dozen or so before I lost patience and just decided to start a new thread.

Currently I have a water bowl in my Ts tank that is about 3" di and 1" deep. My T is only 2", so I know I've got to change the bowl before she drowns. In the meantime, I've seen some people placing a rock in the water bowl, I suppose this will give her something to stand on while she drinks. Is that a good enough solution? If so it would make my life a lot simpler!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Rocks/stones are not a good idea as they'll get bacteria and/or mold. No need to make this any harder than it has to be. Get a sleeve of 1 oz soufflé cups for juveniles and 3 oz for adults. When they get fouled with boluses, feces, & dead crickets in them, throw them out and put a new one in.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Your T won't drown, rocks are placed in water dishes for roaches and crickets because they do drown. I don't use rocks in my dishes, I just remove drowned feeders when I find them. For 2" T's I usually use a plastic gallon milk jug lid for a water dish, but I do have a few T's with oversized dishes. If your worried too much about it drowning, it wouldn't hurt to go with a smaller dish.

RickysReptiles

Arachnosquire
Thanks so much!

I currently use deli containers for my snakes, and never even thought to find a tiny container for my T! soufflé cups are perfect! Thanks so much!!!

cold blood

Staff member
Think of it like this, even if the entire front half is submerged, their booklungs are still high and dry....they are not like us in that they don't "breathe" through their mouths, its all on the back end.

Like said already, they are highly unlikely to just drown like a stupid cricket.