Chicago anyone?

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Recently moved to Chicagoland (North suburbs) and was wondering what the exotics scene out here is like. I've checked out two shops so far - Curious Creatures and Chicago Reptile House. Both pretty cool shops, but the latter has a bigger, more extensive selection however its a bit of drive for me to make it a regular thing. I was pretty impressed by the quality of both shops. Not used to that in the NY area (there were 2 shops in the NY area that specialized in the nontraditional pets and only one that I would endorse fully). Can't wait for Tinley Park show. Any local groups that meet ? Good source for feeder insects, rodents locally ?

cold blood

Staff member
Mike Jacobi is located in Chitown, he doesn't have a storefront, only online, but he will meet up with you for purchases. Otherwise I can't help much, I'm just north of you, on the southern end of Milwaukee.

maniac I have no idea where you are coming from, there's plenty of Americans perusing these threads, they are not relegated to specific parts of the world.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Michael Jacobi will be at Tinley Park in Oct. The Tinley show is fun, I went down there last March for the arachnogathering. I'm sure he will be the only pure inverts stand. If Michael was doing the arachnogathering again I would be there. I think March 2015 will be the next arachnogathering at Tinley.