Help, guys my male 7i A. australis won eat :(

Sonic53

Arachnopeon
My male A. australis didn't eat for three weeks now. Someone said it's because he wants a partner. Guys, help I'm a bit worried. Thank you in advance for the answers.

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most of the times, once males reach maturity and are ready to breed, their feeding response/appetite goes down tremendously, this is the last phase in their life cycle and they are typically looking for a mate and it is very common. I only feed my adult males every 3-4 weeks (and its a small to medium meal at that). Before breeding, I make sure he's full before moving cages.

Cheers,

Rob

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just depends, from other breeders I've spoken to, some of their animals die off at 7i, while others make it to 8i... Just make sure you are keeping his temps high...

Cheers,

Rob

Sonic53

Arachnopeon
I don't wanna breed him yet because I've heard that it will shorten their lifespan. Can you give some advice on what to do, sir?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't wanna breed him yet because I've heard that it will shorten their lifespan. Can you give some advice on what to do, sir?
I dont know if there is any truth to this in males... but you shouldnt worry about him not eating. Like others have said, they dont feed as much or often once they hit maturity. That is your answer.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
My adult male Australis eats once every 1.5-2 months so it's perfectly normal for the length of time he hasn't eaten. As far as shortening the males lifespan by breeding with him- I'm not sure how true that is either but nonetheless I'd say it's a loss worth having to help ensure you can keep the species around. We can never have too many Australis !!!!