Tarantula behavior and weather pattern changes

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I know that tarantulas are solitary creatures, but do they act oddly to weather pattern changes? If an
Example is needed i will post it.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, they are responsive to weather changes. I wouldn't call it 'odd'. It's as normal as weather related behavioral changes seen in mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, etc.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
If you are ever in texas (rio grande valley) you can see aphonopelma moderatum crossing the road before a storm. (Crossing
country roads)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mine do cartwheels when it's going to rain, it's a regular circus here! Most animals respond to weather in some form or another, even plants respond to weather.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mine do cartwheels when it's going to rain, it's a regular circus here! Most animals respond to weather in some form or another, even plants respond to weather.
Nerd! :D

As for weather-changes: I've observed a number of mine act different, when it starts storming (...the pun *sigh) and raining heavily outside. Some will actually appear out of their burrows, others vanish and a few start roaming around checking their enclosures. I'd assume baromethic (sp) pressure plays a huge part in that.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nerd! :D

As for weather-changes: I've observed a number of mine act different, when it starts storming (...the pun *sigh) and raining heavily outside. Some will actually appear out of their burrows, others vanish and a few start roaming around checking their enclosures. I'd assume baromethic (sp) pressure plays a huge part in that.
I've noticed the same. Obviously when it rains or just finishes raining for some species, that's when more prey is out and about in nature.

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
Would be nice to have a weather system rigged up in enclosures to have a rain simulation when a T's native land calls for it. Like if it's raining in South Africa all my my South African T's will experience the same. Come to think of it, many smart devices can easily get weather all over the world... hmm, time to talk to my engineer buds lol.

-JohnD.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I have gotten 20 or 30 spiders (all sizes and species) molting when we have a rainy spell, especially in the spring when it's normally dry.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
What about tarantulas (captive) that live in areas that can have harsh winters?

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I think my tarantulas forgot how to be animals. I have notices no changes whether it is raining, snowing or its terribly dry and hot. Hmmm

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Looks like if i can take the offer for first tarantulas, i may have to keep the heat on quite a bit, as ohio/indiana weather is
Messed up in ways not even experts can explain.