B.Smithi piece of molt stuck to spinneret area (Not sure what to do!!)

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
My smithi molted a few days ago and has been hanging out at the bottom of his cage getting his strength back. But today when he climbed onto the wall of his enclosure I saw a section of molt stuck to his spinneret area!
I'm not sure what to do? Do I put him in an ICU? Leave him be? Will he get a fecal impaction? (I'm really worried) :(

Pictures:
tumblr_nc3ssdiHQE1qcb98ao1_250.jpg
tumblr_nc3ssdiHQE1qcb98ao2_250.jpg

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Don't panic, that's not nearly as bad as it could be. Moisten a Q-tip and gently, with the lightest touch possible (think rubbing an egg with a hammer) stroke the stuck area to moisten and loosen the molt. Your tarantula will probably pull away and you'll end up chasing it around to keep doing so, but just be patient.

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
Good idea!
I got some of the dangly part of the molt off, but near his butt it almost looks like its sealed on, and around the seam of the old molt section is white stuff, which im pretty sure is poop. :/ Would an ICU help with that? I don't feel like I'm coordinated enough to try and get that part off with a q-tip..

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Put it in an icu then take a hot shower with it in the bathroom. Get the bathoom good and steamy. Good luck.

Akai

Arachnobaron
perhaps direct misting them would work in this situation. see related thread post. j/k but hey it might work. ;)

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
perhaps direct misting them would work in this situation. see related thread post. j/k but hey it might work. ;)
+1. It'll come off easily if it's moist.
I misted him directly and fiddled around with a qtip and it looks like most of it is off save for the very tips of the spinnerets (I don't wanna hurt one by accident!). So I'm a lot less worried! He has some white in his mouth but I'm not going to let myself worry about nematodes because it's probably poo or some paper towel. I'll be keeping an eye on him though!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! :')

awiec

Arachnoprince
I misted him directly and fiddled around with a qtip and it looks like most of it is off save for the very tips of the spinnerets (I don't wanna hurt one by accident!). So I'm a lot less worried! He has some white in his mouth but I'm not going to let myself worry about nematodes because it's probably poo or some paper towel. I'll be keeping an eye on him though!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! :')
As long as the anus is not blocked the T will live with a little stuff stuck on the spinnerets, just keep a close eye on it during the next molt. Whenever I suspect a molt I pump the humidity a little up to help make it as easy as possible for them to get out themselves but of course I can step in when I need to. But certainly try the shower idea it might get the last little bit off or you can try again later. Even if it looses one spinneret, it will live, it's not vital in captivity to have them

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Looks like it wouldn't hurt to add a couple inches of substrate in the enclosure as well...