how reclusive are narceus exactly?

kristinc

Arachnopeon
I added this Narceus female to my tank 5 days ago and she promptly vanished. I don't think she even came aboveground to eat in that time because as the days went by I made a habit of peeking in every time I woke up during the night, just before dawn and so on. I hadn't seen any signs of premolt, so I didn't think that was it. I thought maybe she had burrowed under and died.

This evening I couldn't take it anymore and very gingerly dug until I found her. She seems fine, so I guess she literally stayed underground eating the substrate for 5 days. So I'm not worried, just wondering if this is par for the course. Can I just not expect to pretty much ever see her? I mean, it's fine with me if that's the case, I have 3 ivories I see all the time if I want to look at my bugs. Just curious.

Gibson211

Arachnosquire
i have 15 americanus and usually see 4-5 on the surface during the day, a few more at night. i rarely see my gordanus though. my ivories are almost always out and about

mukmewx

Arachnosquire
the Orthoporus texicolens I have will stay underground for months at a time, then all the sudden come back up and stay above ground for a month or longer and eat eat eat for hours.