That moment you get excited again, because...

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
...I just found out that my Euathlus sp. "blue" (pulcherrimaklaasi) is actually, as assumed, in heavy premolt. Right now, she has webbed over the waterdish (which is empty!) and brushed off most of her bristles aparrently intending to molt in there. Awesome! Finally! YES!

In addition, my male C. fimbriatus has come out of his burrow, webbed himself in a bubble of webbing after taking a long drink and looks very much like preparing to mature :D. The only thing odd is that neither of mine ever molted outside their burrows, first time one does...but oh well. Apparently not that uncommon for these afterall!

Last but not least...the last of my 4 E. sp. "red" molted and looks female, too. So, if I'm right, I have 3 females and one MM now - OMG. Lucky? :D

I am really excited and can't wait for those abovementioned to molt! OH - and I found out that one of the couple GBB juvies I rehoused recently is indeed a female!

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
Gonna need to see some pics of freshly molted T's afterward, I'll be patiently lurking in your picture thread.

-JohnD.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
That's awesome, Storm. How do you like your E. sp. red? Mine arrives next Tuesday.

My JF G. pulchra molted last week, and is now 3.5" DLS, as did my GBB. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Gonna need to see some pics of freshly molted T's afterward, I'll be patiently lurking in your picture thread.

-JohnD.
I'll surely take some pictures once they molted. Promised.

That's awesome, Storm. How do you like your E. sp. red? Mine arrives next Tuesday.
My JF G. pulchra molted last week, and is now 3.5" DLS, as did my GBB. :)
Congrats! And I love mine. Really sweet little T's that are a joy to raise and keep. Easy, IMO quite hardy and so far very friendly, not scared in the least for the most time.

gobey

Arachnoknight
My P. regalis sling that arrived a week ago with a missing leg, well I found it this morning molted into nice bright stripes with 8 legs again. :)

And I recovered my first complete molt

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My P. regalis sling that arrived a week ago with a missing leg, well I found it this morning molted into nice bright stripes with 8 legs again. :)
Yeah, slings restore missing appendages quicker than adults. Often within a single, or a couple molts already! Congrats.

gobey

Arachnoknight
I wasn't worried. I have an OBT sling with 6 legs. And I knew they were quick growers. But he molted after feeding him just 1 cricket! It's amazing what these little animals are adapted to do so perfectly to survive.

Last edited:

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a P. irminia with 5 legs. It looks so odd but it is still very quick. I cant wait to see pics, I love when my T's are in premolt. My M. balfouri sling looks to be in premolt, I cant wait to see it after! It might start to get some adult coloration! :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh I love those days; congrats. :3
I have a P. irminia with 5 legs. It looks so odd but it is still very quick. I cant wait to see pics, I love when my T's are in premolt. My M. balfouri sling looks to be in premolt, I cant wait to see it after! It might start to get some adult coloration! :)

Indeed! And I don't think you guys will have to wait long...I just checked on her and she's on her back as I write this! YAY! :D:D:D