Some good and bad news.

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Good news is, I'm excited to say that I have finally found a stable place to call home for a while. It has taken a couple of months to convince my roommate that tarantulas are always going to be a hobby of mine and that she should be ok with me having one, or two, or three. She has agreed and has even been at my side to offer her input on which ones she likes and doesn't like. I technically still own 2 T's that are currently being cared for by another keeper. One of which is a big-hairy 7.5in female T. apophysis that I have had since it was a sling and the other is a nice-gentle 4.5in female G. rosea that I've also had since a sling.

I will be going next week to pick them up and I CAN"T wait! Bad news is, space and resources are limited where I am now and I'd probably be better off caring for easy-to-keep T's anyway. So, sadly I might have to offer up the T. apophysis and purchase something a little smaller and not so intimidating. I guess I have a week to figure it out.

Even though I may not be able to keep my T. apophysis for very long I'll be glad to see her. Anyway, I wanted to get back in the spirit of things and share a few pictures along with the good news that, after what seems like years, I finally get to take care of T's again on a regular basis. :)

3rd instar
View attachment 130083

Growing up
View attachment 130082

Almost a Monster
View attachment 130081

G. rosea that I've had for 4 years
View attachment 130080

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Ah, I'm sorry you don't get to keep all your Ts. I got in a bad way and nearly came to that point myself--thank goodness for my SO's mother--and I went over it enough times in my head that I can pretty well imagine how you must feel. That T.apophysis is lovely though; I'm sure you won't have an issue finding her a good home.

What were you considering getting that's easier?

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Ah, I'm sorry you don't get to keep all your Ts. I got in a bad way and nearly came to that point myself--thank goodness for my SO's mother--and I went over it enough times in my head that I can pretty well imagine how you must feel. That T.apophysis is lovely though; I'm sure you won't have an issue finding her a good home.

What were you considering getting that's easier?
I totally relate to "bad way" I've moved 5 times just this year, the end of AUG was the first time I slept in a bed since NOV2013. It wasn't all bad but unexpected things happened and I had to adjust fire. Luckily I had someone to watch my current T's while I've gone thru this transitional period. And better yet I ended up in a nice place that I'm comfortable staying at.

I was thinking of going back to Brachypelma's I've seen a few for sale on the boards that's I'd like to have. albiceps, boehmei, maybe klaasi? I tell you what, while searching old FS/T ads I see that I've missed out on a few opportunities to purchase a baumgarteni (which is what I REALLY want!) real or not, I'm still determined to get a Brachy with orange legs and a dark carapace. lol

Thanks for the encouraging words that I may be able to find a good home for her if I have to really sell her. Like I said, I have a little time to think about it and consider my options.

Cheers.