Bothering a scorpion while molting

Peregrin

Arachnopeon
I know it's a rule to never bother anything molting but what happens when you do? Would the scorp start walking in the middle of his molt or would it just cause stress?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just causes stress, and you can make it fail the moult if you open the box (heat/humidity escapes)

Once I thought my S.maurus was dead, it was a ragdoll scorpion and looked totally dead on top of a log
I even sprayed it with water in an attempt to get a reaction out of it!

i put it back in its box, next day was a pearly white S.maurus next to his old skin.. i was amazed!

In the past i've helped scorpions out of tricky moults, stuck tails etc and always had the scorpion try to wiggle or move
unlike this S.maurus which didnt even twitch while i handled it

Peregrin

Arachnopeon
Just causes stress, and you can make it fail the moult if you open the box (heat/humidity escapes)

Once I thought my S.maurus was dead, it was a ragdoll scorpion and looked totally dead on top of a log
I even sprayed it with water in an attempt to get a reaction out of it!

i put it back in its box, next day was a pearly white S.maurus next to his old skin.. i was amazed!

In the past i've helped scorpions out of tricky moults, stuck tails etc and always had the scorpion try to wiggle or move
unlike this S.maurus which didnt even twitch while i handled it
Thank you so much! Well, scorpions are hardier than I thought. That relieved so much out of my curiosity.