Cicada

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
oh wow, so beautiful! we get cicada's around here too but they're no where NEAR this pretty. The ones around here are kind of a dull brown with hints of moss green. They're also bitter I think.

MWAInverts

Arachnoknight
In love cicadas. Hear them all the time but never know where they are haha!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
oh wow, so beautiful! we get cicada's around here too but they're no where NEAR this pretty. The ones around here are kind of a dull brown with hints of moss green. They're also bitter I think.
What do you think they're bitter about, having to stop hanging out underground and taking it easy all the time? Or maybe it's because it's their last year. I've seen 4 kinds around here, green, bigger greenish brown one with a constant song, one that is almost black but not so much as the one in the pic, and a midget one, ...small!, small! sorry, small. When I was a kid I would try to find them before their last molt on trees, only found a few, and would watch them molt.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
What do you think they're bitter about, having to stop hanging out underground and taking it easy all the time? Or maybe it's because it's their last year. I've seen 4 kinds around here, green, bigger greenish brown one with a constant song, one that is almost black but not so much as the one in the pic, and a midget one, ...small!, small! sorry, small. When I was a kid I would try to find them before their last molt on trees, only found a few, and would watch them molt.
omg.. LOL bigger.. not bitter.. hah!

Akai

Arachnobaron
yeah i detest bitter cicadas too. you can always tell the bitter ones too by the half ass songs they sing. i'm like good luck finding a mate with that crap. hope your kids are'nt as bitter as you. fortunately they've got at least a decade underground to get over themselves. lol

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
omg.. LOL bigger.. not bitter.. hah!
What?, you think they're bigger about something? I'm confused. haha, I'm just kiddin around. Cicadas have always been kind of interesting to me, they look like giant leaf hoppers. I kept one in my room when I was a kid a few decades ago, it molted and I guess it was hungry because it started trying to peirce my finger. I didn't know what it was doing until I felt some pain, I threw it out the window after that.

Bill Myers

Arachnopeon
Poor little thing. It's wings didn't form properly. Must've molted in the grass.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Periodical cicada, supposedly in huge outbreaks blue,white, and brown eyed individuals have been found.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've been hunting for the blue eyed ones, but haven't had any luck. There's always next (17) year! :p